Windows 10: office products not working

Discus and support office products not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My subscription has not expired and my word is not working nor excel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerenceJamison, Jan 24, 2019.

1. office products not working

My subscription has not expired and my word is not working nor excel

:)

TerenceJamison, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Kari Win User
    Kari, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Dec 5, 2019
  4. SueHolt Win User

office products not working

Microsoft Office products on Windows 10

• What exactly do you mean by Microsoft product will not open?

​ When I try to open any Microsoft application (Word, Excel)​, either opening a document, or the program itself, the document or program flash open for a split second, then close.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Office product or all Microsoft product?

​ Sorry, Microsoft Office programs.​

• What exactly happens when you try to open?

​ See above.​

• Are you getting any error message?

​ No. I did try a suggestion I saw in an online blog - to Run excel / safe, but that didn't work at all.​

SueHolt, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

office products not working

1. office products not working - Similar Threads - office products working

2. Hang explorer and office product

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hang explorer and office product: HiAfter update my device i have a serious problem with my office and explorer in windows 10.After this update every office product such as excel , outlook ,.... keep crashing and explorer keep hanging and to solve this problem we should change the windows or i should unplug...
  3. office product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    office product key: i reset my pc to factory settings and when i try to use office it doesn't work. even though i use my product key it doesn't work is there a way that i can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-product-key/a9b78e80-5db7-4934-9f30-e13e3a398c5e
  4. Office products 'not reaponding'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Office products 'not reaponding': I'm so frustrated with my companies IT support. My computer never uses more than 50% of it's resources but I'm under perpetual threat of my office products which I primarily use freezing and losing data and time when they freeze. I think they have some background app that...
  5. Office products just wont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office products just wont work.: Alright I am running out of options here. I came back from my holidays and all Office products just aren't working. I open any office product and the message "udating powerpoint" pop up in finish. After that the program crashes. I can provide screenshots. I have tried...
  6. Microsoft office products

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft office products: All my commonly used Microsoft office products like Excel and Windows are gone today. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-products/bfa23839-342e-4d7c-945a-1847fbb05851
  7. MS Office Product activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office Product activation: Just purchased MS Office but when I try to type in the prod activation code it wont accept the last letter which is a "Z". it will accept any other letter but not a "Z"! so I cant activate. Any ideas or advice on a refund...
  8. Microsoft Office Products not opening.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office Products not opening.: Whenever I click on word, powerpoint and excel it says 'parameter is wrong'. picture given below. [ATTACH] Some people saying 'go to control panel, find ms office, and try to repair either offline or online.' But the problem is that it is not showing ms office in my...
  9. Office 2010 Product key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2010 Product key not working: My old laptop died and I had to purchase a new laptop. I have a 2010 office product key but cannot get it to download. It won't even recognize the product key. What can I do?...
  10. Modern productivity—Office on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Modern productivity—Office on Windows: Today I’m excited to share that the Office Universal apps preview for Windows 10 for phone is expected to be available by the end of the month. With this announcement, we’re rounding out our Office on Windows line-up, and I wanted to take the opportunity to explain our...