Windows 10: office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix

Discus and support office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Office programs not opening after windows 10 update on laptop reinstall did not fix. Windows 10 update has broken all windows programs. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kbrown730, May 19, 2021.

1. kbrown730 Win User

office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix

Microsoft Office programs not opening after windows 10 update on laptop reinstall did not fix. Windows 10 update has broken all windows programs. I've uninstalled Office and then reinstalled completely to no avail. PLEASE help. Of note this is a very new laptop. Apps show in my Start list, but when clicked nothing happens literally, icon briefly blinks, but nothing happens. I tried to right-click and run as administrator and I get the error box below showing failed/contact software vendor ?!? It's been like this now for a

:)

kbrown730, May 19, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 19, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

None of the Microsoft programs will open for Office 365.

Hi Johnny, follow these steps to perform a full repair of your Office installation . . .

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features

Click Microsoft Office in the list of installed applications

At the top, click 'Change'

On the resulting dialog, click 'Repair' - choose the Online Repair, it is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

DaveM121, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix - Similar Threads - office programs opening

2. Reinstall office 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall office 10: I have spent 3 hours with a microsoft technician who took over my screen to activate and reinstall Office 10. This was after I was instructed to reset Windows 10 as it could not update anymore. After reseting the technician tried downloading mutiple times but the correct...
  3. Reinstalling Office on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Office on windows 10: Hi, I was uninstalling Microsoft store through windows PowerShell and it was successful I did it mainly because it was stuck on the loading screen and when I tried to reinstall it says this -->please help me with this...
  4. Reinstalling Office on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Office on windows 10: Hi, I was uninstalling Microsoft store through windows PowerShell and it was successful I did it mainly because it was stuck on the loading screen and when I tried to reinstall it says this -->please help me with this...
  5. Reinstalling Office on windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    office programs not opening after windows 10 update reinstall did not fix: Microsoft Office programs not opening after windows 10 update on laptop reinstall did not fix. Windows 10 update has broken all windows programs. I've uninstalled Office and then reinstalled completely to no avail. PLEASE help. Of note this is a very new laptop. Apps show...
  7. Office 365 does not open after Windows 10 Update

Office 365 does not open after Windows 10 Update: My Office 365 would not open after a recent Windows 10 update. This is what the Microsoft Technical Support chat rep told me to do: 1. 1. Press keys: Windows Logo + R 2. 2. Lower left corner: <appwiz.cpl> 3. 3. Rightclick: <Microsoft 365> 4. 4. <Quick...
  8. Office programs stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office programs stopped working after windows update: I cannot open any of my office 365 programs or files. Same as this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram-filesmicrosoft-office/08a4cb35-6e30-4d6c-82da-826e06bcb237?page=1 I have attempted the following: -online repair...
  9. Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Programs Not Opening After Windows Update: Have Windows 10 build 1803. Installed the updates that were released yesterday. Since then some of my programs are not opening, the cursor spins for a couple seconds then nothing. Did sfc /scannow, it found corrupted files. Those were fixed, but the problem persists. I...
  10. Reinstall windows 10 and office

Reinstall windows 10 and office: Norton disk doctor was taking over before system would boot and got Crit Process died. Had to use a USB flash to boot up a 2 month old computer. Want to now get the original licensed windows 10 version and the MS office ownership that was purchased separately at the same...