Windows 10: Office programs stopped working after windows update

Discus and support Office programs stopped working after windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot open any of my office 365 programs or files. Same as this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seamus_wg, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Seamus_wg Win User

Office programs stopped working after windows update

I cannot open any of my office 365 programs or files. Same as this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-cprogram-filesmicrosoft-office/08a4cb35-6e30-4d6c-82da-826e06bcb237?page=1
    I have attempted the following:

-online repair
    -uninstall and reinstall
    -Manual uninstall and reinstall
    -Restarted my computer several times

The message that displays when I attempt to open an office program as an administrator is this:

If I try to open it normally nothing happens at all.
    A windows update occurred yesterday and I don't think I ran an office program after.
    Running Windows 10, version 1909 X64

I am in the middle of final exams and really need these programs working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

:)

Seamus_wg, Apr 16, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Office programs stopped working after windows update

Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Office programs stopped working after windows update

1. Office programs stopped working after windows update - Similar Threads - Office programs stopped

2. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  3. Program not working after latest windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not working after latest windows update.: Hello support. After last windows update my label creating program is not working. When I click on the icon this Labelview program starts for a moment that means a small window appears for 2 seconds and then disappears. Program does not start. Program name is: Labelview....
  4. After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working: I have a new computer running Windows 11, after installing 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5017383 Office 2016 will not run, I try to uninstall and modify Office 2016, the Compter does not respond...
  5. After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Updating Window 11 Office 2016 stopped working: I have a new computer running Windows 11, after installing 2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5017383 Office 2016 will not run, I try to uninstall and modify Office 2016, the Compter does not respond...
  6. Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs Stopped Working After Recent Windows Update: After a recent Windows 10 update my Kodi media player and my 4DO emulator for 3DO games will no longer open up like they always did before. I get error Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0. Apparently this has something to do with .net framework not working correctly, but I ran...
  7. Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs stopped working correctly after updating Windows.: Hello! I, after delaying it as far as I could, finally installed update 20H2 onto my Windows 10 PC (Pentium G4560, 1050 Ti 4GB, 8GB RAM if that's important). And most apps are working just as intended. However, there are a handful of apps, namely Whatsapp and Discord, which...
  8. program stopped working

program stopped working: I have a program called AnyTime Dayplanner and it has stopped working. My power went out and now I get messages from Microsoft that program has stopped working. I went to add/delete programs where there is a place to fix program but it did not work. I don't want to lose...
  9. Many programs stopped working after reboot

Many programs stopped working after reboot: After restarting my PC yesterday many of programs stopped working Powershell: [ATTACH] Internal Windows PowerShell error. Loading managed Windows PowerShell failed with error 80090017. Windows Update [ATTACH] 0x80004003 SFC /scannow [ATTACH] Windows Resource...
  10. Stop Office updates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Stop Office updates: Hello Forum, How do I stop the Office updates ? I took control over windows updates, but cannot stop Office updates, and they come without any notice. Searched the net for answers, they all point to one target, to uncheck some box in update options, but this I done long time...