Windows 10: Office programs won't run under 10

Discus and support Office programs won't run under 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am running a dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 being default and Windows 10 Pro x64 as secondary. I have been running 7 for a couple of years and... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Irishman331, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Office programs won't run under 10

I am running a dual boot with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 being default and Windows 10 Pro x64 as secondary. I have been running 7 for a couple of years and recently added 10.
    Maybe I'm not doing something I was supposed to but when I'm in 10 and try to run MS Office 2010, I get an error message that states: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application"

When I try to run programs from MS Office 2013 a window appears asking me if I want to let this application make changes to my computer. Clicking yes or no does nothing. No error messages or windows appear after that.

Is there something I was supposed to run when I installed Windows 10? Maybe a migration tool or something to that effect?

:)

Irishman331, Nov 22, 2015

2. DoI need to reinstall software after upgrading to Windows10

Hi guys,

I saw the answer pertaining to the necessity of reinstalling (or not) of Microsoft Office after the upgrade to Windows 10.

Happy to find out that I won't have to (running Windows 8.1 + Office 365).

But I do have some software that doesn't belong to the Microsoft family - like Beyond Compare, or AutoCad or Photoshop... not to mention one or two programs that run under Windows XP mode...

Will I have to reinstall those?

Thanks

AlexanderPetrusa, Nov 22, 2015
  3. hope to change 64bit windows 10 to 32bit windows 10

32-bit programs do run under the 64-bit version of Windows 10. It's 16-bit programs that won't run.

Alan Russell, Nov 22, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Office programs won't run under 10

Have you actually run the setup programs for Office 2010 or 2013 on Windows 10? I'm running several different versions of Office on different installs of Windows 10 without a problem. I'll have to look, at least one of them is either 2010 or 2013, and my newest is Office 2016.

NavyLCDR, Nov 22, 2015
  5. No I haven't run the setup programs. I was merely trying to run the executable from their respective directories. I will run the install setup programs again on 10. Thanks

Irishman331, Nov 22, 2015
  6. That's the problem. Since they weren't installed under Windows 10, the necessary system files and registry settings aren't present or aren't where Windows 10 would expect them. This is just one more of many reasons despise dual-booting. Those days are over, so if you need two OSes, virtualize one.

DeaconFrost, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Agreed on the dual boot issue. I have no need for two O/S's but wanted to get familiar with 10 before switching over completely. Lot less hassle and headache (as evidenced by this issue) by sticking to one. I really love W7 but I am pragmatic in that I know that there will come a day when no one writes programs for 7. Thanks for the input.

Irishman331, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office programs won't run under 10

1. Office programs won't run under 10 - Similar Threads - Office programs won't

2. After update computer claims windows not activated and won't run Microsoft Office programs,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update computer claims windows not activated and won't run Microsoft Office programs,...: I have been having trouble with my computer after multiple updates several weeks ago and has gotten worse. At this point, when I turn on the machine in the morning it takes about 10 minutes to bring up anything. Often I need to hit a key for it to open something to put in a...
  3. After update computer claims windows not activated and won't run Microsoft Office programs,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update computer claims windows not activated and won't run Microsoft Office programs,...: I have been having trouble with my computer after multiple updates several weeks ago and has gotten worse. At this point, when I turn on the machine in the morning it takes about 10 minutes to bring up anything. Often I need to hit a key for it to open something to put in a...
  4. After update computer claims windows not activated and won't run Microsoft Office programs,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11?: Does Microsoft Office Frontpage run under Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-microsoft-office-frontpage-run-under-windows/913b2f6a-f340-41e5-ba45-2b17522605c9
  6. Program won't run on Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program won't run on Windows 10 1909: Good day, after updating my windows 10 to 1909, I can't run simplewall application anymore, please help me This is the screenshot of the application's folder, the main application is the 'simplewall' app. It triggers 'User Account Control', I click 'yes' but it is still...
  7. Profile picture won't update in Office programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile picture won't update in Office programs: Hi, I changed my Microsoft account profile picture with the new photo appearing when I sign onto my computer and on my Microsoft account. However, the old profile picture still appears on Word in the top right corner. I did have a problem with my first user profile which...
  8. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10: So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it. There was download information on the web page I got it from, but putting it in Google Translate only turned up semi-useful...
  9. How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to bypass a program that knows it's running under a VM?: Currently using VMware Workstation Pro 12 and I was wondering what are some way/s that I can configure so that the program I'm trying to run doesn't think I'm running it under a VM? 91829
  10. Office App under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office App under Windows 10: I think remember seeing somewhere that a new Microsoft Office App was to be included as part of Build 9926. I have installed that build but can't find that app. Am I mistaken in my memory (not surprising at my age.) If it is included where do I find it? Thank you. 3757