Windows 10: Office restart required?

Discus and support Office restart required? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I was just upgraded to Office 365 version 1907 by the automatic update. After installing, all my office apps tell me I must restart Office to apply my... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by tohowalk, Aug 1, 2019.

1. tohowalk Win User

Office restart required?

I was just upgraded to Office 365 version 1907 by the automatic update. After installing, all my office apps tell me I must restart Office to apply my privacy changes. Unfortunately, nothing I do makes those messages go away, and I haven't been able to find anything that works by googling this. I have closed all Office apps and started them again, restarted my computer, even uninstalled Office and re-installed. As soon as I get the 1907 update, the problem comes back. I have made no changes to privacy settings and am not using an Insider build. I welcome any help!

T

:)

tohowalk, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Kari Win User
    Kari, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Office 365 activation error after big Win 10 update

We appreciate your response, Keith. We suggest that you update Office 365 and see if it'll make a difference. You can simply do it by opening any Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Open Office app, then click on File.
    • Look for Account, then click on Update.
    • Once done, restart your computer.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Office restart required?

Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Aug 1, 2019
Thema:

Office restart required?

1. Office restart required? - Similar Threads - Office restart required

2. Restart required windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart required windows 11: Hello and Merry Christmas! So I was planning to download Windows 11 but I decided to not install it. Is there away for this to be gone? I don't want to restart and have Windows 11....
  3. Restart required windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart required windows 11: Hello and Merry Christmas! So I was planning to download Windows 11 but I decided to not install it. Is there away for this to be gone? I don't want to restart and have Windows 11....
  4. Frquent freezing requiring restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frquent freezing requiring restart: What can it be? It suddenly gets frozen and not even the pointer moves, I need to restart and lose everything I was doing. submitted by /u/qwak5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfigxd/frquent_freezing_requiring_restart/
  5. Windows updates the require restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates the require restart: Windows update said it required to restart. Said yeah sure and restarted, got black screen stayed like that for 20 minutes. Then I forced a shut off. Windows asked me to restart again after I turned the computer back on. Instead I waited a few days then tried it again. It's...
  6. Windows restart required notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows restart required notification: Hello, After I installed the latest windows 10 update of 2019 , every time I start my pc I get this notification shown in the picture below. The notification keeps popping up whenever I restart or start windows again. [ATTACH]...
  7. Windows Restart Required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restart Required: Hi I an Asus computer with Windows 10 installed and with last updates. I get always a notification when I start my computer that the pc needs to restarted. I run also Asus Live Update but nothing happen. I will be grateful for your help. [ATTACH] Best Regards...
  8. Required updates disabled Office software

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Required updates disabled Office software: Hi. I am brand new here. My office recently purchased some HP Probook x360 11 G1 notebooks to be used OFF the domain. We set them up with an admin account so we can restrict some power settings, etc. that we don't want them to change. Then a local account that they use to log...
  9. Restart Required Loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart Required Loop: My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and verified that the device drivers and software installed correctly the first time. Microsoft Answer Desk used DriverPack Solution to...
  10. Restart required after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart required after sleep: Once my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a restart to get any videos to play. On YouTube I get the "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device." Unfortunately, I get this message for any video on any site after sleep. It's not limited to just Chrome. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is a system restart required on installing office

2. microsoft office system restart required

3. office 2016 restart required ms 365

4. windows restart to apply privacy,
  5. msoffice365 restart required Restart Office to apply changes to your privacy settings,
  6. PC Restart required! Restart Office to apply changes to your privacy settings.​,
  7. office 365 keep getting restart required,
  8. office 2016 restart required to apply changes to your privacy settings