Windows 10: Office Sharing Question...

Discus and support Office Sharing Question... in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; So I added a new computer to my paid Office 365 subscription and that shows up on my installs page. My silly question is how can I verify that it is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Heymate, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Heymate Win User

Office Sharing Question...

So I added a new computer to my paid Office 365 subscription and that shows up on my installs page. My silly question is how can I verify that it is indeed my paid subscription on the new computer and not a trial or what came loaded with the computer as a trial. Sorry about the newbie question but I have run into this many times where I paid for something and ended up using the trial version instead. Hard to tell with Office. It is ubiquitous. It is actually on my wifes computer and I want to keep her. relatively happy! thanks/ It would be nice if Office said somewhere "subscription service" or some hint..... thanks r

:)

Heymate, Jul 12, 2019

2. Media sharing question

Hi Brian,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, please answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    3. What is the version of Windows 10 running on both of your computers? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer

See which version of Windows 10 you have
      ).

This issue might be due to Network Sharing not being enabled on your computer. I would suggest you to follow the thread on

Networking Sharing
    by Pauli O dated May 11, 2018. Kindly, follow the steps for 'Network Discovery and Share Settings', enable the appropriate services as explained in the thread, and check if it works for you.

Please get back to us with the results.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Office Sharing Question...

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Office Sharing Question...

1. Office Sharing Question... - Similar Threads - Office Sharing Question

2. Shared Folder Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared Folder Question: We recently replaced one Windows 10 PC with another. PC A had access to a single shared folder on PC B. The folder on PC was set to "Everyone." PC A clicked a desktop link to access this folder. PC A was replaced by PC C, with all files/folders/links transferred over....
  3. How to make file sharing more productive at the office? (Noob Question)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make file sharing more productive at the office? (Noob Question): Hi guys! First time poster here at r/Windows10. My personal computer has been on Win10, we just upgraded our workstations at the office to Win10 as well. I usually work off my laptop - as the designer, I often take my laptop places and around the warehouse if need be. We...
  4. Office 365 question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 question: I own and have installed an activated version of Office 365. I can use any one of my apps without being signed in to Office—which is how I prefer to work. The product, as you would assume, still shows a proper license and is activated. Suddenly, Outlook will only work if I...
  5. Open Office Question

Open Office Question: I just joined, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I bought a Dell laptop several months ago and my son put Open Office on it for me to use. I am familiar with doing spreadsheets from when I used MS Excel, but now I can't seem to locate on Open Office how to do...
  6. Open Office Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office Question: I just joined, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I bought a Dell laptop several months ago and my son put Open Office on it for me to use. I am familiar with doing spreadsheets from when I used MS Excel, but now I can't seem to locate on Open Office how to do...
  7. Open Office Question

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Media sharing question

Media sharing question: [ATTACH] Hi I'm just wondering if the above is normal under media streaming settings on widows 10 home edition,I'm trying to share and have being trying to share a folder using kodi(i have contacted kodi)...shouldn't there be an ip address/mac address on the above..every...
  9. Office 365 Questions

Office 365 Questions: I just helped a friend reinstall Office 365 after a virus incident. In a nutshell, she started seeing messages about ransomware, figured out that she malware, and took it to a local computer store to get the malware removed. In the process, the guy at the store advised her...
  10. Network sharing question

Network sharing question: Hi there Any idea how I do this in windows I have two machines currently NAS Linux servers : Brownbear and Gudmundur In Gudmundur I have a share HDD0 available as a SAMBA share. on Brownbear I want to access this HDD. There's nothing (and no need to) in the...