Windows 10: Office Sign In Takes Forever

Discus and support Office Sign In Takes Forever in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Microsoft Community. Ever since 4 months ago, I have noticed that my office and my mail application on my laptop notified me that there was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JesseSun, May 2, 2019.

1. JesseSun Win User

Office Sign In Takes Forever

Hello, Microsoft Community.

Ever since 4 months ago, I have noticed that my office and my mail application on my laptop notified me that there was something wrong with my Microsoft account. I have tried to resolve this issue, but it only took me to a loading animation that never completes. I did not need my Office applications as much at that time, but now I do.

When I tried to open OneNote for the first time, it tried to get me to sign in, but it takes around 10 minutes to load the sign in screen, and when I signed in, it would say "Just a Moment..." and the loading screen would do nothing but fail after 5 minutes of waiting. This happens to all my Office Applications, so I am using them without an account and I cannot use OneNote at all.

None of the solutions that I have found has ever worked, so I would greatly appreciate anybody who can resolve this.

Thank you very much!

:)

JesseSun, May 2, 2019

2. Office 365 on Continuum

The following steps worked for me (don't ask me how or why Office Sign In Takes Forever :( ):

• Click any office app on windows phone.
    • In the screen, it shows New, Browse & recent files. It also shows my name/account at the top-right.
    • Clicking on you name/account at top-right shows 2 accounts associated with this application.
      • Personal Account
      • Official Account
    • Clicking on any of these accounts, only gives an option to sign-out.
    • Since Microsoft Support technical team suggested that I reset my device. I did not want to reinstall all the apps, take backups & then reconfigure all of these again after the reset, unless it was the only option left.
    • With no better option, I clicked sign-out on both the accounts listed in step 4 above. I then signed in with my official account. I was able to create new Office documents now.
    • I logged-in to my other personal account also now. My office app still worked & allows me to access onedrive associated with both my personal & business accounts.

I was facing the same issues & even had multiple calls with Microsoft Support & waiting for a resolution.

Going through the above thread, I realized that multiple Microsoft accounts (personal & office) are associated with these apps. When I signed out of both these accounts from within the app & signed back in, I was able to edit using the office apps.

Hope this helps!

Arvind-Tiwari, May 2, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Kari, May 2, 2019
  4. Office Sign In Takes Forever

Windows 10 upgrade, where is my Microsoft Office?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Type “Programs and Features” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Check if Microsoft Office application is listed in the list of installed applications.
    • If it is listed, then navigate to This PC>Local disc (COffice Sign In Takes Forever :)>Windows.old.
    • Check if the Office application is present there.
    • If still not found, then suggest you to install the application using the installation media.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Office Sign In Takes Forever

1. Office Sign In Takes Forever - Similar Threads - Office Sign Takes

2. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  3. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update is taking forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update is taking forever: Hello, there was a system update for my Dell windows 10 laptop. When I updated it, it's been 4 hours already but it's still at 24%? It's not stucked, but it takes around 15 minutes every additional 1%. What should I do? submitted by /u/ngcy00 [link] [comments]...
  6. Office Sign In Takes Forever Part 2

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Office Sign In Takes Forever Part 2: When signing in or signing out from windows 10 with onedrive, microsoft word, and etc. is taking so eternity.... what to do? Simple! just restart your computer.... because of.... check the highlighted green below.. [ATTACH]...
  7. Startup takes forever.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup takes forever.: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then my PC (HP Envy i7) takes approximately 5 hours to boot. This really is frustrating. Please assist in resolving this issue. 37156
  8. sfc /scannow taking forever...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow taking forever...: @zbook If the time is the issue you can open the log and see what it did from start to finish. cbs.log Thanks for reminding me of the log. I'm aware of it and will have a close look at it. Thanks again.*Smile
  9. Updates taking forever

Updates taking forever: With windows 10 , Getting updates . This might take a few minutes . Well it has been 4 hrs and usually I download at 700 k to 1.1 Mb per sec ? [img] What updates do you think it is snagging ? 12472
  10. Update Takes Forever

Update Takes Forever: This is more of a curiosity question, but why does it take hours to update from one build to the next? I'm going from 10041 to 10049 and it's been running for about two-and-a-half hours now. It's currently at 20%. Seems like the update to 10041 took a long time as well,...