Windows 10: Office software protection platform service related issue

Discus and support Office software protection platform service related issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello people, I have been facing an issue to start Office software protection platform service, the error message shows ' Error 2 the system cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ashraf461, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Ashraf461 Win User

Office software protection platform service related issue

Hello people,

I have been facing an issue to start Office software protection platform service, the error message shows ' Error 2 the system cannot find the file specified'.I was trying to install Office2016. According to various sources, I have done the following things -

1.added Network service in the admin group, give all the permission to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform

2.Right Click on the folder OfficeSoftwareProtection Platform from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared and Microsoft from COffice software protection platform service related issue :program data(hidden folder) Properties > Security > Edit > Add > Type Network Service > OK > Check the Full control box > Apply and OK.

In Registry Editor (regedit.exe):
    Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID registry >Right Click on the folder > Permissions > Add > TypeNETWORK SERVICE > OK > Check Full Control > Apply > OK
    3. Type the following command line, and then press ENTER:
    icacls "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform" /grant "Network Service:F" /t

However, nothing is working for me. Would you guys help me out from this situation?

Regards,

Ashraf

:)

Ashraf461, Nov 8, 2018
  2. meeranekkeri, Nov 8, 2018
  3. jp2code Win User
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

I just finished a complete virus can using Windows Defender.

I started the complete scan because Microsoft Software Protection Platform was already running high (I am averaging 40% or higher).

Since Microsoft Software Protection Platform was already taking up such a chunk (and its Antimalware Service Executable is taking another 30% to 40%), it took Windows Defender 2 full days to complete. During this time, my PC was next to useless.

Windows Defender completed about 4 hours ago, and both Microsoft Software Protection Platform and it's buddy Antimalware Service Executable are still each taking 30% to 40% of the CPU usage.

What is going on? Should this eventually stop or do I need to look into ways to stop these processes from crippling my system?

jp2code, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Office software protection platform service related issue

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

Hi,

The technologies are aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.

Microsoft Software Protection Platform, the technologies will introduce improvements in how Microsoft software activates, is validated online and behaves when tampering or hacking is detected.

As Microsoft Software Protection Platform is using more CPU usage, it might be detecting some unusual activities.

- Are you facing any performance related issues?

I suggest you to do a complete virus scan using Windows Defender.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Office software protection platform service related issue

1. Office software protection platform service related issue - Similar Threads - Office software protection

2. Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone who's reading this. I'm having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 currently; it won't open in any way and attempts to configure Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 before revealing an 1920 Error which relates to a OSPPSVC.EXE error....
  3. Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2010 Error 1920 with Office Software Protection Platform: Good morning/afternoon/night everyone who's reading this. I'm having issues with my Microsoft Office 2010 currently; it won't open in any way and attempts to configure Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 before revealing an 1920 Error which relates to a OSPPSVC.EXE error....
  4. Windows 11 Error Codes Related to Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Error Codes Related to Software Protection Platform: Hello, I just recently purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed. Since purchasing it only a few months ago, I have had the persistent issue of my laptop occasionally going completely black and unresponsive, despite the power still being on. This will occur...
  5. Windows 11 Error Codes Related to Software Protection Platform

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Error Codes Related to Software Protection Platform: Hello, I just recently purchased a new laptop that came with Windows 11 installed. Since purchasing it only a few months ago, I have had the persistent issue of my laptop occasionally going completely black and unresponsive, despite the power still being on. This will occur...
  6. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service: Hello everyone. First post Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service launches only when gaming... My PC is suitable for old games or modern games with low settings to get the maximum performance. When launching games from Steam, Uplay the Microsoft Software Protection...
  7. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu 50-74% after installing updates around 7 months ago. This happens in very frequent bursts that will last for about 20mins and will severely slow down my pc, often even causing other apps to freeze. I have tried everything by reading your latest...
  8. Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service high CPU usage: Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service, Sppsvc.exe, uses too much cpu, often going up to above 14-20%. This happens in very 2 min I tried Checked that my system is fully updated -Scanned for malware -Used system maintenance troubleshooter -Run a clean boot...
  9. microsoft software protection platform service high cpu

microsoft software protection platform service high cpu: every one or two minutes Microsoft software protection platform service uses high cpu for about 10 or 20 sec then stops then repeat this cycle again and again i restarted the windows into safe mode and this problem disappeared i have latest windows update update...
  10. Office 2010 Pro Plus Error 1920-Office Software Protection Platform

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2010 Pro Plus Error 1920-Office Software Protection Platform: Getting this error when I try to open Microsoft Office products now. I've never had this issue and tonight it started up. [img] I tried completely uninstalling with no luck. Tried all the tricks I found online using regedit, without luck. Anybody know how to fix this?...