Windows 10: Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?

Discus and support Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every so often, my brand new install of office 365, on my brand new computer, stops working and I get the error message: "C:Program Files\Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Theswnmartywhite, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?

Every so often, my brand new install of office 365, on my brand new computer, stops working and I get the error message: "COffice stops working and I have to reinstall it, why? :program Files\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\VCRUNTIME140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support Error status 0xc000012f"

I then have to go to my microsoft account, and completely reinstall office 365.

This is become EXTREMELY irritating.

Any help?

:)

Theswnmartywhite, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Problems reinstalling Office 2016

First thing to do is to go through each step in this Office Support document: Manually uninstall Office - Microsoft Office

That will take some time, I have done this a few times and dislike the complexity of it every time, but it has always helped me to reinstall Office.

One step not mentioned on that page is to restart when done, before reinstalling Office.

3. Uninstalled Office

Hello Jimmy, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest the following steps which were provided by Microsoft Support:

Go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs) and find the Microsoft Office installation. Click Change (or Repair) and run the repair on the software. If there is no Microsoft Office program listed there then you should reinstall the
    Office product from the original install media

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?

stopped working

Thank your for posting back, we already think that it was the graphic card driver. We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver and visit the manufacturer's website to check the latest driver of your graphic card.

We suggest that you follow this step on how to uninstall and reinstall driver:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why?

1. Office stops working and I have to reinstall it, why? - Similar Threads - Office stops working

2. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  3. Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Office 2013 Stopped Working: Microsoft office 2013 stopped working on my new windows 11 computer one week after installing it. It did work for a week then stopped. I get the error message "Operating system is not presently configured to run this application"...
  4. my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why: my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-randomly-stopped-working-and-i-have-no/ebb4b7a2-e617-474f-973c-8aeec4a94d06
  5. my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why: my game randomly stopped working and i have no clue why plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-game-randomly-stopped-working-and-i-have-no/ebb4b7a2-e617-474f-973c-8aeec4a94d06
  6. Windows 10 stopped working and I can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stopped working and I can't reinstall: I was working on my computer one day and was rendering a video in Premiere, but then my PC froze for a good minute and blue screened (the stop code was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT if that helps.) Afterwards my PC would just boot into the BIOS and wouldn't boot into Windows. I tried...
  7. All Office applications have stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Office applications have stopped working: Good afternoon, Since running Avast Cleanup Premium this morning it seems that none of my office applications are working. Here is an example of the error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\Users\kelsi\Desktop\NP_Euskadiko Orkestra martxan.docx'. Make sure you typed the...
  8. Reinstalling Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Office: The PC I had loaded my Office on has died!! So I am trying to load it on this new PC but it tells my the product Key has already been used. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-office/a0f0c724-1070-4461-b2d0-3996aea63ed7"
  9. Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook and Office Hyperlinks stopped working: I hope someone can help. I am not sure what started this, but a couple of weeks ago the hyperlinks in e-mail stopped working. Now hyperlinks don't work in other office products. The only thing I can think of is that Outlook stopped working and I reinstalled - nothing at...
  10. Why I receive non-have office updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why I receive non-have office updates?: Hello I had this issue since windows 7 too, that windows update list a lots of updates for Microsoft office products that I had no installed, for example I just installed MSO word, PowerPoint and excel, but I also receive updates about other products such outlook, visio,...