Windows 10: Office subscription

Discus and support Office subscription in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; OK boys can you help me out here. I've received the email today about the renewal for my subscription to Office 365. We can't afford it especially as... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Joan Archer, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Office subscription

OK boys can you help me out here. I've received the email today about the renewal for my subscription to Office 365. We can't afford it especially as we only really use Excel with the occasional use of Word, although I use OneNote quite a bit.

When I took it out I got a half price offer, I have Office Home and Student 2007 on this Asus Notebook. On hubby's desktop and laptop plus my desktop we have Office Home and Student 2010. We didn't uninstall any of them when we upgraded so will that mean it will revert back to those copies and are they OK on Windows 10 ?

I'm hoping that is what will happen when I go and cancel the subscription, can anyone put my mind at rest about this, thanks ?

:)

Joan Archer, Jul 9, 2016
  2. maindee Win User

Windows 10 Email Problem

After a long session with MS support they recommended upgrading MS Office with the latest Outlook. Of course Office is now available by subscription only. Silly me I took out the subscription but it did solve the problem.

The cynic in me thinks that the initial Outlook problem is a deliberate ploy by MS to increase subscriptions to Office.

I will cancel my MS Office subscription after 1st year and find another mail reader app.

maindee, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Email attachments and Office 365 setup

Do you have a personal or business Office 365 subscription?

If its a personal office 365 subscription, then there Is no need to add the subscription to the phone as you get access to all those features on the phone already

sure why not, Jul 9, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Office subscription

But then there are a few girls here too.

Office 2010 works just fine on Win10. Some folks have success with even older versions at least for the basics [I have Office 2000 on the Insider Preview of Win10]. If there are problems a quite nice Free program exists, LibreOffice.org. It is compatible with Office file formats except it doesn't have something to replace Outlook or Publisher.

Berton, Jul 10, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    You can always use the Windows Store versions of Word and Excel. They are called Word and Excel Mobile, but they work fine on the desktop. They are free.

OneNote comes in two versions, the Mobile and a Desktop, both are free. You can download the desktop OneNote for free from Microsoft.

The only real thing you would lose is the OneDrive storage.

Mystere, Jul 10, 2016
  6. Yes I know we've got girls here as well, an oversight on my part not including them. *Sad Thanks for your answers do you know if it will roll back to using them when I cancel the subscription ?

Thanks I didn't know about the mobile versions, I don't use OneDrive that much so I wouldn't really miss it that much. *Smile

Joan Archer, Jul 10, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I've uninstalled the version that came with the computer and not had it mess with the older installed version. As long as you have the disc for either version you should be able to reinstall. According to the EULA for the Retail version, it can be installed on a Workstation and a Portable device in control of the same person, I suppose a husband and wife could be that "person", won't discuss the control part [over 50 yrs experience].

Berton, Jul 10, 2016
  8. Office subscription

*Roflmao2 No comment here either, although I know what hubby would say. *092

I'll see how things go, it doesn't run out till the middle of August but as long as hubby doesn't lose any of his account information there'll be no problems. I'll mark this thread as solved. *Wink

Joan Archer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Office subscription

1. Office subscription - Similar Threads - Office subscription

2. Office subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office subscription: I am writing to address one really annoying thing I've encountered with my Office for Students subscription. Despite purchasing the subscription with my Microsoft account, I've found that I am only able to use it on one device at a time. This limitation presents a significant...
  3. Office subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office subscription: I am writing to address one really annoying thing I've encountered with my Office for Students subscription. Despite purchasing the subscription with my Microsoft account, I've found that I am only able to use it on one device at a time. This limitation presents a significant...
  4. It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly...: It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly to log in and passwords. How can you remember 100s of passwords for different product and services without carrying mobile. If you record in one place and it is hacked! Who shall accept...
  5. It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly...

It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly...: It worse in w11 even when one has subscriptions for whole office why it demands constantly to log in and passwords. How can you remember 100s of passwords for different product and services without carrying mobile. If you record in one place and it is hacked! Who shall accept...
  6. Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get...: Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get flagged as not-Microsoft verified. Please don't tell me how to open the computer to non-Microsoft apps. I want to know why Microsoft Office is not recognized as a Microsoft verified app....
  7. Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get...

Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get...: Updating windows 11 new subscription to replace original 365 Why does office setup get flagged as not-Microsoft verified. Please don't tell me how to open the computer to non-Microsoft apps. I want to know why Microsoft Office is not recognized as a Microsoft verified app....
  8. paid subscription for office 365 is never materialaized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    paid subscription for office 365 is never materialaized: I have benn paying billl for Microsoft 365 P msbill ref# 2490641975QNZPN9L, but office 365 never been available. Why? Need response ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paid-subscription-for-office-365-is-never/f648cbc8-00f8-4885-b056-950de8c1e6b6
  9. paid subscription for office 365 is never materialaized

paid subscription for office 365 is never materialaized: I have benn paying billl for Microsoft 365 P msbill ref# 2490641975QNZPN9L, but office 365 never been available. Why? Need response ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paid-subscription-for-office-365-is-never/f648cbc8-00f8-4885-b056-950de8c1e6b6
  10. paid for office subscription but still says expired

paid for office subscription but still says expired: On Windows 10 - I had 365 but downgraded to just office and paid in September.Keep getting message my subscription has expired and I can no longer use itHelp please...