Windows 10: Office Updates keep reinstalling

Discus and support Office Updates keep reinstalling in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Office Updates (only) keep reinstalling although they are successfully installed in the first place. My system is windows 10 1809 (17763.174). Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PanagiotisLeontios, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Office Updates keep reinstalling

Office Updates (only) keep reinstalling although they are successfully installed in the first place.

My system is windows 10 1809 (17763.174).

Any ideas welcomed.

Panos

:)

PanagiotisLeontios, Nov 14, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Office Updates keep reinstalling :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Problems reinstalling Office 2016

First thing to do is to go through each step in this Office Support document: Manually uninstall Office - Microsoft Office

That will take some time, I have done this a few times and dislike the complexity of it every time, but it has always helped me to reinstall Office.

One step not mentioned on that page is to restart when done, before reinstalling Office.

4. Office Updates keep reinstalling

Slow Windows 10 Boot After Office 2010 mass update

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall Office 2010 and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel.

• Click on programs and Features, right click on the Office and
      uninstall it.

• Now try reinstalling it again and check.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Office Updates keep reinstalling

1. Office Updates keep reinstalling - Similar Threads - Office Updates keep

2. reinstall office 2010

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    reinstall office 2010: My computer crashed and I have to reinstall office 2010. When entering the key, it says I've exceeded the install total. I tried to activate over internet and it says to use phone to get extended. when I tried to call, it said phone is no longer active. Am I to throw...
  3. reinstalling microsoft office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstalling microsoft office: hi, I have uninstalled Microsoft office, How can I reinstall Microsoft office. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-microsoft-office/a1350ef2-7ede-4cf8-9a6f-67a6d5041999
  4. Reinstalling Office

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstalling Office: The PC I had loaded my Office on has died!! So I am trying to load it on this new PC but it tells my the product Key has already been used. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-office/a0f0c724-1070-4461-b2d0-3996aea63ed7"
  5. MS Office reinstalling

MS Office reinstalling: Hi Team, I have uninstalled the pre loaded MS Office from My laptop, is there any way i can re install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-office-reinstalling/e4b721f8-d574-4e2f-b11c-403939d46708
  6. Reinstalling Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reinstalling Office 2016: If I go to microsoft store for fresh install of Office 2016, do I have to have it uninstalled first, or does MS need to "read" my old installation or something??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstalling-office-2016/3a66d7f2-053f-4dbb-9654-5dd8516d964b"
  7. Reinstalling Office 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reinstalling Office 365: Outlook failed to open even in safe mode. A data file was said to be corrupted. I uninstalled office and tried to reinstall it but neither Word nor Outlook installed. any ideas?...
  8. Windows update keeps reinstalling updates

Windows update keeps reinstalling updates: PC=Windows 10 x64 Help please My Windows/microsoft office updates keep reinstalling despite successfully going through the check for updates routine both on pc and online with microsoft. Then I manuall restart multiple times and check again but it does not clear them....
  9. Update 1803 keeps reinstalling

Update 1803 keeps reinstalling: After the usual problems getting the Windows 10 version 1803 to install, now it won't quit. My computer has installed ver. 1803 three times in the past month. How can I make it stop?...
  10. Reinstalling Office 365?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Reinstalling Office 365?: One of my friends has somehow lost Office 365 after a mishap with a virus and I want to help her get it back. I helped her buy and install it a couple of years back but I remember very little about what we did to acquire it and know nothing about what we need to do to restore...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office keeps reinstalling after restart

2. windows update for office keeps reinstalling

3. office 2016 keeps reinstalling