Windows 10: office-word-pins

Discus and support office-word-pins in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Word is automatically unpinning my documents each time i open them. can someone tell me how to turn off this feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gregfriedlander, Nov 20, 2018.

1. office-word-pins

Word is automatically unpinning my documents each time i open them. can someone tell me how to turn off this feature?

:)

gregfriedlander, Nov 20, 2018

2. Can't remove pinned office applications

My laptop is a Dell Precision 7510, running Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprice 64bit (10.0.15063 Build 15063) and Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (1701 Build 7766.2092).

My problem is, that beside some useful apps on my taskbar, office has also pinned Word, Excel and PowerPoint. I would like to remove these 3 pinned apps. When unpinning them, they actually disappear, but after next restart (or restart of explorer.exe) they reaper as if nothing had happened.

I have tried following this "guide":
    Can't unpin a program from the taskbar

I have seen the above suggestion posted on several sites, but unfortunately it doesn't help in my case.

When executing the script (or preforming the steps manually) all is removed, but after explorer.exe restart below icons always reaper:

• File Explorer
    • Internet Explorer
    • Outlook 2016
    • PowerPoint 2016
    • Word 2016
    • Excel 2016

Other apps pinned at the time is removed as intended.

Does anyone have a suggestion to how I can remove these unwanted office apps from my taskbar? And why do above list or apps reapear after deleting them from both the %APPDATA% folder and REGEDIT?

Thanks in advance.

Henrik Nielsen, Nov 20, 2018
  3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 20, 2018
  4. esmorax Win User

office-word-pins

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

office-word-pins [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

office-word-pins

1. office-word-pins - Similar Threads - office word pins

2. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  3. Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Word/Office 365 without a Windows Hello pin: I am unable to sign into Word/Office 365 without a pin for Windows Hello, but when I go to reset my PIN under settings/sign-in options, It says "This Option is Currently Unavailable."I just want to use Word; the system accepts my password but then insists on Windows Hello...
  4. Office Word keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office Word keys: Where can i get my office 2019 product key or how can i install the word application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-word-keys/e5c667dc-4712-4876-be05-dd32f1ba27c8
  5. word office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    word office: Not working any more. Expired? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-office/1e127659-f543-453a-90b4-79675cafe92d
  6. microsoft office word

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft office word: After resetting my pc Microsoft office word got accidentally deleted. So now how to restore it. Please help me as I have lot of work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-office-word/3f1cd679-f742-4b0a-abed-aeeafc5732e9
  7. PIN # for Word

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN # for Word: How do I get it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-word/74e58135-9348-4d80-a6a3-1e1cee3f0b02"
  8. Links in Office Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Links in Office Word: I have Word 2016 and I use it often to make notes to myself. Often in these word documents, I will put the link where I got the information. How do I click on this link to open a browser to that link. Right nothing happens when I click on it and it does NOT give me any clue...
  9. Links in Office Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Links in Office Word: I have Word 2016 and I use it often to make notes to myself. Often in these word documents, I will put the link where I got the information. How do I click on this link to open a browser to that link. Right nothing happens when I click on it and it does NOT give me any clue...
  10. Office/Word not working

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office/Word not working: When I originally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the Microsoft Office/Word I had with Windows 7 continued to work with Windows 10. But then I did a clean install of Windows 10, after which I added the Microsoft Office which I had stored on a thumb drive. When I added...