Windows 10: Office XP Pro on windows 10

Discus and support Office XP Pro on windows 10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP Pro with Frontpage 2002 on my windows 10 and it won't install. I get the run option but nothing else... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by llanita, Apr 26, 2016.

1. llanita Win User

Office XP Pro on windows 10

I am trying to install Microsoft Office XP Pro with Frontpage 2002 on my windows 10 and it won't install. I get the run option but nothing else happens.

Any suggestions? Thanks

:)

llanita, Apr 26, 2016
  2. LesPK Win User

Windows 10 update

Running Office XP pro.

LesPK, Apr 26, 2016
  3. win-10 & office

I am running the tech preview of win-10 pro on my 64bit laptop. I have been using office-XP without any problems.

However, Windows update wants to update "office-XP SR3" and I always get error "0x80096004" when I try to update.

Can anything be done?

Thanks,

Jerry

JerryRyan.bitman, Apr 26, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    End-of-Life for extended support of Office XP Pro with FrontPage ended in 2011. I think you would be better off with a newer office suite; there are plenty of them.

Incidentally, I was able to install FrontPage on a W10 system without issue and it's working fine.

You've marked the thread as solved - have you successfully installed the software then?

simrick, Apr 27, 2016
  5. llanita Win User
    I didn't want to spend any money buying a newer version. It's working now, although I don't know why because I never got the installation window that asks for the key or what sections to install

llanita, Apr 27, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    That's very strange. Well, there are free office suites which are fully compatible with Microsoft file formats, like the open-source LibreOffice. Keep it in mind, if you begin to see problems with Office XP. And, make sure you've got good anti-virus/malware protection, because security vulnerabilities abound in old, unsupported software.

Cheers! *Thumbs

simrick, Apr 27, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I've put Office 2000 on a Win10 computer running the latest Insider Preview and Office 2003 on a couple. Doesn't seem to be a problem with any of them but haven't checked other than basic use. The only thing the Free LibreOffice doesn't offer is a program comparable to Microsoft's Outlook and Publisher but there's other free offerings available for E-Mail such as Thunderbird, IncrediMail, OE Classic, etc. The free Mozilla SeaMonkey browser offers an E-Mail Client, looks quite usable.

Berton, Apr 27, 2016
  8. llanita Win User

I wasn't interested in any of the other components, I just wanted Frontpage because I'm familiar with it (yes know there are other programs like that for free) I have a very good Antivirus program, Avast. I do appreciate your help. Thanks

llanita, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Office XP Pro on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Office Pro

2. HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print: I purchased a new HP laptop in August 2024. It is Windows 11. My Old HP printer died. I purchased the HP Office Jet Pro 9130e. It said it successfully connected to Wi-Fi, the next thing it said was It is not configured or connected, and the final thing said it is not...
  3. HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Office Jet Pro 9130e will not print: I purchased a new HP laptop in August 2024. It is Windows 11. My Old HP printer died. I purchased the HP Office Jet Pro 9130e. It said it successfully connected to Wi-Fi, the next thing it said was It is not configured or connected, and the final thing said it is not...
  4. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  5. Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem

Upgrading from Win 11 HSL to Pro using OEM license and Office Home Student problem: im currently helping a client who just bought a bnib HP Laptop that came bundle with Win 11 HSL & Office 2021 Home Student its still hasnt been setup yet and they were asking to upgrade it into Win 11 Pro using OEM license they already bought the license from internet and...
  6. re-installing Office Pro 11 hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen.

re-installing Office Pro 11 hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen.: Hello, I used support to re-install Office Pro 11 after it dropped off my computer. It seemed to install fine but now I am hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen. There are no options to connect to my network I cannot move on from this screen. Or get ahold of...
  7. re-installing Office Pro 11 hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    re-installing Office Pro 11 hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen.: Hello, I used support to re-install Office Pro 11 after it dropped off my computer. It seemed to install fine but now I am hung up on the "Let's connect you to a network" screen. There are no options to connect to my network I cannot move on from this screen. Or get ahold of...
  8. Do I need to buy microsoft 365 office suite if I have windows 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I need to buy microsoft 365 office suite if I have windows 11 pro: Do I need to purchase microsoft office 365 suite if I have windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-buy-microsoft-365-office-suite-if-i/6cd44bdc-a22c-4baf-a8bd-c1cd06adda6f
  9. Do I need to buy microsoft 365 office suite if I have windows 11 pro

Do I need to buy microsoft 365 office suite if I have windows 11 pro: Do I need to purchase microsoft office 365 suite if I have windows 11 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-to-buy-microsoft-365-office-suite-if-i/6cd44bdc-a22c-4baf-a8bd-c1cd06adda6f
  10. Seeking Help: Upgrading Windows Pro to Enterprise during Autopilot with Office 365 Licensing

Seeking Help: Upgrading Windows Pro to Enterprise during Autopilot with Office 365 Licensing: I am working on deploying Windows Autopilot for our organization's devices which are pre-installed with Windows Pro. Our Microsoft 365 licensing includes an upgrade to Windows Enterprise, which gets activated when a licensed user logs into Office 365. However, we are facing a...