Windows 10: Office365 Family Sharing

Discus and support Office365 Family Sharing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Yoshi's Dad, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Office365 Family Sharing

Hello, I am a Mac user and have signed up for Office 365 for some 5 years now. I have tried to set it up for my partner, (who is a blind lady) and uses a Windowd 10 desktop PC. I set up family sharing on my Mac, with my account and sent her the invitation, She accepted and I watched the installation scroll through. On my Mac she shows up as a family member, but it is not working on her Windows computer. I suppose I could remove her from my family, and try again, but I need advice please.

:)

Yoshi's Dad, Oct 30, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 9, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Office365 Family Sharing

Microsoft Family blocking youtube and google

To help us pinpoint the root cause of the issue, we would like to know if you also experience the issue with other Google websites? (Gmail, Google Maps, etc.)

Kindly also try to use a new InPrivate window and try to visit YouTube and Google again. Follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

We also suggest that you use the Feedback Hub to help us make Windows and Microsoft Family better. You can provide feedback about Microsoft Family by sharing your suggestions or problems.

You can access the Feedback Hub by clicking on Windows Feedback on the app list. You can also type
    Windows Feedback on Cortana.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Office365 Family Sharing

1. Office365 Family Sharing - Similar Threads - Office365 Family Sharing

2. Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Sharing: I'm confused, family can't report any data on browsers not owned by Microsoft right. Whenever I search this up I get outdated information. Just want clarification. For example all searches on chrome are unaccusable to a family admin, right?Do I just have to block other web...
  3. Family Sharing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Sharing: I'm confused, family can't report any data on browsers not owned by Microsoft right. Whenever I search this up I get outdated information. Just want clarification. For example all searches on chrome are unaccusable to a family admin, right?Do I just have to block other web...
  4. Family Sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  6. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share Minecraft with Family: Hi. Both my kids want Minecraft. They are both in my Microsoft family. I have read that if I buy it through the Microsoft Store my children can also use it. I tried that, but I was forced to go to the XBox app. So I purchased there, thinking it would still work for my...
  7. Share a game with the family

Share a game with the family: I have a family set up with Microsoft account me + my kid.I recently purchased from Microsoft Store the game Age of Empires and I want to share it also with the member of my family from MS account.How can I do that ?...
  8. XBOX Big Brother vs. Office365 Family

XBOX Big Brother vs. Office365 Family: Can someone please explain the relationship between family management, XBOX, and Office365? This goes for any other MSFT application support. I recently removed all family members from family mgt due to a 24 hour XBOX ban on 1 family member account. This was absurd and...
  9. Family sharing bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Family sharing bug: I cant open my google chrome because of the parental control feature. When I try to open it it says ask permission by email and when I press that it says sorry working on it. its been like this for months now. It goes something like this Ask for permission You'll need to...
  10. Share Minecraft with Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Minecraft with Family: I've seen a more or less similar post but of 2016, so I was hoping things might be different now. Is it possible to buy minecraft once and share it with your kids on the family account and can they play it simultaneously? I find this whole family account and content...