Windows 10: Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy)

Discus and support Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have set up a new image with SCCM that installs Office365 ProPlus on the machine. I have set the zeroconfigexchange=dword:00000001 in registry I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by simmy, Feb 19, 2020.

1. simmy Win User

Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy)

I have set up a new image with SCCM that installs Office365 ProPlus on the machine.
    I have set the zeroconfigexchange=dword:00000001 in registry
    I have also set the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\signing\signinoptions=0 (dword)

Now, what completely baffles me, is when i log on as a new user, and start Outlook, i get the error saying "this feature has been disabled by your adminitrator". And i see where the error is, but i cannot comprehend why this happens.
    You see, when Outlook is started for the first time, the "signinoptions=0", changes to =3, which means that the user is not allowed to log on to O365. If i change it back manually to 0, then Outlook works fine.

I am going abit crazy here, so if anyone has any ideas, i would love them.

Thanks!

:)

simmy, Feb 19, 2020
  2. scopio Win User

Office365 Outlook

Okay, I'll create a folder in the D: drive as D:\Users\Church Administrator\Documents\Outlook Files\IMAP and create new ost file as per Move the OST and recreate the account method next week when I visit the office and post back with the result;

1. Open File, Account Settings or open the profile in Control panel, Mail.
    2. Click New
    3. Enter your username and password and let Outlook find your account information Select the Change account settings option, and then click Next
    4. Click More Settings (1)
    5. On the Advanced tab, click Outlook Data File Settings. (2)
    6. If you want to create a new .ost file, browse to the new location, (3) D:\Users\Church
      Administrator\Documents\Outlook Files\IMAP enter a filename, and then click
      Open. Outlook will create the new .ost file.
    7. OK your way back to Outlook then restart Outlook.
    Thanks for all your help

scopio, Feb 19, 2020
  3. scopio Win User
    Office365 Outlook

I eventually had a chance to try and move the .ost file from the C drive to the D drive today.
    Followed the instructions as perthe link Caledon Ken post but came to an issue with the Create new email from within Outlook > File > Account Settings as Outlook insisted in creating the .ost file in the C drive as the Browse button in the Outlook Data File Settings dialog was greyed out and I could not direct it to the D drive folder. Eventually I added the email again and used the Control Panel > Mail > E-Mail Accounts settings to add the email again and this time I was able to Change account settings > More settings > Advanced tab > Outlook Data File Settings > Browse and directed Outlook to the new location for the .ost file.
    Only this time Outlook displayed a message
    Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy) [​IMG]
    and had to delete the file I copied in the first instance closed Outlook and reopened it again. This time the .ost file was saved in the new location. Success!

Just have to do it again when I'm given the password for two more emails to add to Outlook.

On a different issue if you Caledon Ken can help if not I'll open a new thread is that I moved the Data files Contacts, Documents etc. to the D drive using the Properties > Location > Move method and Office show that the Save destination is D:\Users\username which is as it should be BUT I also made the changes in Windows > Settings > Storage method and I now have two folders in D:\Users\username for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos these folders do not have an icon just a plain folder picture and I assume they are the ones from the Windows > Settings > Storage method. My question is can they be deleted or would there be issues?

scopio, Feb 19, 2020
  4. Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy)

Office365 Outlook

Sorry I don't understand the question about contacts. If you are talking about these contacts.

These are not outlook's contacts. This is a left over from a long time ago... the only thing that I know uses this is Windows Fax. There may be others.

The contacts Outlook uses are within Outlook under accounts setting under the "Data File" tabs.

This is where the issue of Outlook becomes very messy, or at least I have not figured it out. Outlook 201x does an excellent job of syncing mail contacts and calendars with an Outlook.com account (or hotmail, MSN or live.com). I 'm not sure if they ever fixed or installed the functionality to allow Contacts or Calendar to be synced with an IMAP account. There use to be connectors that would do this.

Actually if it hasn't been fixed it is one of the stupidest things around. Windows 10 mail, with it corresponding Calendar and People apps will sync. Our phones all sync so why is it the premier Mail Client "Outlook" can't.

What I did is set up a new outlook.com account to be used for my Data file, Calendar, contacts, tasks. When I add something or edit it I do so under that mail account. This has it flow up to outlook.com and own to my phone. Same happens on phone, make a change and it flows the other way.

Once you've added the mail account click on People in the lower left. In the navigation pane, left most column, expand My Contacts. Do you have a heading Contacts L: [email protected] or do you only have Contacts (This computer only) and Contacts (Personal Folders) ?

Caledon Ken, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy)

1. Office365 new user opening Outlook for the first time (going crazy) - Similar Threads - Office365 user opening

2. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. screen going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going crazy: first what looks like bubbles appear across the top of my screen, second my mouse disappears, third screen will zoom in and out, random dropdown menus will appear or random windows will open and close, finally I have to power off and back on to regain control....
  4. Windows menus "going crazy" after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus "going crazy" after some time: https://youtu.be/80f5EebL8zs As the video shows, after some time all of the windows menus and appsbesides file explorer and task menager for some reason start to have this issue where it will move around like if you were spamming tab or something like that, any other...
  5. Keep signed in Outlook Web (Office365)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep signed in Outlook Web (Office365): [ATTACH] I use my university's outlook web regularly on chrome. A while ago, whenever I went to outlook website, it would show the following and then sign in automatically....
  6. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  7. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  8. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  9. Office365 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office365 Outlook: First apologise if this has been asked before. I have a small office with a Dell Inspiron 3470 which has a small SSD (128GB) and I have installed Office 365 Personal and moved the usual data folders and OneDrive folder to the D: drive. I am concerned that with the amount of...
  10. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...