Windows 10: Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

Discus and support Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; @ Rickkins also. Fair enough, but I didn't buy their propaganda for a moment... all thay wanted was to coax users towards a touch environment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Tony K Win User

Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

@ Rickkins also.

Well, touch is here in a big way. No faster way to navigate. So will voice be with the dawn of personal assistants.

MS made sure that along with touch-centricity, that it works just as well with keyboard and mouse. We've been over this ad nausea. No one is going to convince me different. Being more of a keyboarder, I never skipped a beat. In fact 8.1 is quicker with keyboard. If anything, I think the mouse dumbed down computing. Ask a professional pianist. You can't play a piano chords with a mouse. *Biggrin

Let's not forget the stylus.

Forget 8 > A real Balmer and Sinofski boner. Their marketing skills and timing were distorted to say the least. Had they tested the "shock factor" more I'm quite sure they would've released it in 8.1 form . Too much change too quick. I apologize for the comparison, but one doesn't wean a baby off of milk with meat. No, they need mashed food first.

No, the tower desktop PC isn't going anywhere just yet. But I see the day when docking stations will be the norm as electronics continue to be miniaturized. be

Tony K, Aug 27, 2014
  2. badrobot Win User

That start menu looks like a Windows Phone. I won't be surprised if they add another port. A SIM card port/slot. *Smile

badrobot, Aug 27, 2014
  3. Stephanie Win User
    Mmmmm not sure if I like that start menu or not ... yeah does look like a Windows Phone *sarc

Stephanie, Aug 27, 2014
  4. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

Agreed.

I read a MS blog article about "Metro vs Start Menu", which had pretty hotspot pictures "proving" Metro was better than the Start Menu.
    The first few comments I read made the point that whoever created this data was obviously unaware of how to actually use the Start Menu.

In other words, Microsoft's standard inability to explain how their software works was the problem.

Ironically, they then committed exactly the same error, when they released W8.

lehnerus2000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed

1. Official Windows 9 Preview Name Revealed - Similar Threads - Official Preview Name

2. Expansion triangles (apparently the official name)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Expansion triangles (apparently the official name): I was wondering if there was a program for windows 10 that would add in the little triangles you see to the left of a folder in Mac. I downloaded Cyberduck the other day and they have those and I'd completely forgotten how awesome that feature is! I've tried searching...
  3. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed: The following relates to oddly named tasks of of the form {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx}, where "x" is a seemingly random hex digit, which are shown in the "Task Scheduler" Microsoft application in Windows 10. The following image along with the text below it show how to...
  4. Entity Framework Core 3.0 Preview 9 and Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9

in Windows 10 News
    Entity Framework Core 3.0 Preview 9 and Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9: The Preview 9 versions of the EF Core 3.0 package and the EF 6.3 package are now available for download from nuget.org. These are the last planned previews before we release the final versions later this month. We have almost completely stopped making changes to the product...
  5. Windows 10 technical preview system requirements-Official

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 technical preview system requirements-Official: Microsoft just took the wraps off Windows 10, its next major update to the Windows platform. The software will be designed to work among all types of devices, including laptops, tablets, and smartphones. The link to Download windows 10 will be available tomorrow as...
  6. Windows 9 preview

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 preview: Hello Is there going to be a windows 9 public preview this fall? Thanks Tyler 1664
  7. Official FAQ regarding Windows 10 Technical Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Official FAQ regarding Windows 10 Technical Preview: I thought I 'd share some info from the Partner info document - NB: I have edited it as it was released as Confidential. Partner Q&A The new servicing approach for Windows 10 makes it easier for customers to stay current and get the latest features, while at the same...
  8. Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Employee Reveals New Windows 9 Details: Even though Microsoft is already working on a second major Windows 8.1 Update, most eyes are on the next full version of Windows, possibly called Windows 9, which could debut as soon as spring 2015. While no confirmed details are available right now [img] , people familiar...
  9. Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to Reveal New Windows 9 SKU Plans at BUILD: The BUILD 2014 developer conference which kicks off on April 2 in San Francisco is expected to bring us the very first official news on Windows 9, Microsoft’s new full operating system that could see daylight sometime in the spring of 2015. Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley...
  10. Windows 10 Preview update to Windows 10 Official

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Preview update to Windows 10 Official: Hello guys! I've been running Windows 10 Preview for about 4 months and now that Windows 10 are officially released, I don't know how to update to them from the Preview versions. Although there is no "Build xxxxx" on the right down side of my screen I don't think that the...