Windows 10: Offiline PC setup.

Discus and support Offiline PC setup. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need to know how to setup a new windows machine in a location that does not have internet access. Our home PC finally died on us and all I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Colm Cillian, May 15, 2019.

1. Offiline PC setup.

I need to know how to setup a new windows machine in a location that does not have internet access. Our home PC finally died on us and all I have been able to find are directions for setting up all kinds of crap for sharing and and eas of access but nothing on how to make the thing run when you dont have internet access at home.

:)

Colm Cillian, May 15, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 15, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, May 15, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Offiline PC setup.

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Offiline PC setup.

1. Offiline PC setup. - Similar Threads - Offiline setup

2. Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Setup/Installing USB Mass Storage Device Runs Every Time: Greetings! I have two identical HP xw4600 Workstations running Windows 10. They each have an add-on card for USB-C. Connected to that USB-C expansion card is a USB-C hub that has 3 standard USB 3.0 ports plus two card reading slots. Again, both machines have this same...
  3. Office365 Business Essentials email setup question.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office365 Business Essentials email setup question.: I’m not getting clear confident answer on this from Microsoft sales. Since the connected accounts feature has been removed from Outlook on the web, can users still add their business domain email accounts, gmail, and or hotmail/live accounts? Are there Aliases? Adding...
  4. Windows 10 enterprise OS setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 enterprise OS setup: Hello, please I need education on how to install Windows 10 enterprise OS on about 20 PCs in an organization. 132809
  5. Fix Windows 10 Setup Error code 0x80070006

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Setup Error code 0x80070006: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Setup may encounter errors at times for various reasons. One such error is code 0x80070006. In this post, I will share how you can fix Windows 10 Setup Error code 0x80070006. The error says- Windows cannot install required [...] This post Fix...
  6. Asus AC86U stuck at setup wireless screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus AC86U stuck at setup wireless screen: It was working fine but i did a factory reset and now i cant get past this screen, tried another reset and same thing, it doesnt matter if i do ap mode or router mode [img] - - - Updated - - - Turned out to be a chrome issue, worked fine with edge and showed much more...
  7. Multiple "Setup" Processes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple "Setup" Processes: Hey everyone, Recently I've been experiencing a ton of processes popping up in task manager called "setup/uninstall". I'm not currently installing software or updating anything, and it looks look a CMD window keeps opening for a microsecond and then immediately closes....
  8. Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?: I am trying to figure out how to tell Windows 10 Enterprise that there is, and always will be, just one user account on the machine. My goal is to fully block and prevent the use of the Public folder. I also want to fully block and prevent the use of the "all users" folder...
  9. on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    on initial setup of new win 10 computer, setup will not allow birthdate data entry: hung at birth date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-initial-setup-of-new-win-10-computer-setup-will/b1c7b4d1-d89e-440a-bc71-20f75f0f9d36
  10. Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise: Is it possible to setup for a single user?: I am trying to figure out how to tell Windows 10 Enterprise that there is, and always will be, just one user account on the machine. My goal is to fully block and prevent the use of the Public folder. I also want to fully block and prevent the use of the "all users" folder...