Windows 10: Offline access to personal vault!

Discus and support Offline access to personal vault! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In 2020 is there really no way to access the "personal" vault without an internet connection???? That's not very "personal" if I have to be connected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NorrisDom, Sep 16, 2020.

1. NorrisDom Win User

Offline access to personal vault!

In 2020 is there really no way to access the "personal" vault without an internet connection???? That's not very "personal" if I have to be connected to a network to access it! Asinine!!!

:)

NorrisDom, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Rivgil Win User

Can you get access to the OneDrive Personal Vault when offline?

Good question! Personal Vault is a protected area in OneDrive that you can only access with a strong authentication method or a second step of identity verification, such as your fingerprint, face, PIN, or a code sent to you via email or SMS. Your locked
    files in Personal Vault have an extra layer of security, keeping them more secured in the event that someone gains access to your account or your device. Yes, even if it's offline it will still need to authenticate.

Rivgil, Sep 16, 2020
  3. CraigLong Win User

Can you use a Windows Hello PIN or whatever to sign into the Personal Vault when the computer is offline? If my internet goes down I would like to be able to access the Personal Vault on my computer. Or if the computer fails I would like to move the drive
    to another device and get into the vault. I know the local vault files are encrypted with Bitlocker. "Bitlocker To Go" is portable and doesn't require internet access but I suspect this is different. Thanks

CraigLong, Sep 16, 2020
  4. CraigLong Win User

Thanks for your reply but how do you open the vault if you are offline? How is the vault secured? With a password or PIN? Will the authenticator app open it if your PC is offline? I'm not sure how you can make local backups of your personal vault data
    either. Sorry about all the questions but I don't want to lose important data by it possibly becoming inaccessible.

CraigLong, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Offline access to personal vault! - Similar Threads - Offline access personal

2. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  3. Personal Vault Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault Access: HiWhen I try to access my Personal Vault the pop-up window displays my primary alias contact email , then underneath says: Verify your identity followed by a defunct email address I no longer use.I want this address deleted and obviously wish to use my primary alias contact...
  4. Personal Vault Access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't access my Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my Personal Vault: I can't access my Personal Vault. After I put my password in and go through the Verification procedure I get a message saying that "We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault. We encountered an unexpected error and could not unlock your Personal Vault. Please try again. You can...
  6. Can't access my personal vault

Can't access my personal vault: I'm logged into my Microsoft OneDrive account. However, when I try to access my personal vault to get a code sent to me - I'm stopped in my tracks with the following message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message,...
  7. Blocked access to personal vault

Blocked access to personal vault: I am showing a red arrow for the status of my personal vault. I use the authenticator to access and error code is 0x800706d9. This has happened to me before and I had a MS tech support person re-install the shortcut. Now I think I need to do it myself. I only have 1 file in...
  8. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Personal Vault employee access: Hi, Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts? I have been using Boxcryptor for...
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault employee access

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Personal Vault employee access: Hi, Does anyone know if MS support employees have access to it? This has always been my fear of using something vendor-provided. Didn't it come out recently that tech support employees had access to consumer customer's email accounts? I have been using Boxcryptor for...
  10. Can you get access to the OneDrive Personal Vault when offline?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get access to the OneDrive Personal Vault when offline?: Can you use a Windows Hello PIN or whatever to sign into the Personal Vault when the computer is offline? If my internet goes down I would like to be able to access the Personal Vault on my computer. Or if the computer fails I would like to move the drive to another device...