Windows 10: Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro?

Discus and support Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just recently purchased a Surface Pro and I've been trying to find an app that would allow me to download movies to watch on the go. I was wondering... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by iNateSF, Sep 15, 2019.

1. iNateSF Win User

Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro?

I just recently purchased a Surface Pro and I've been trying to find an app that would allow me to download movies to watch on the go. I was wondering if I purchased/rent a movie from the Microsoft Store would I be able to Download that to my Surface to watch without internet later?

:)

iNateSF, Sep 15, 2019

2. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft Movies Will Not Play Offline on Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10

I have downloaded movies that I have purchased from the Microsoft Movies & TV application as I would like to view them offline when I am travelling and not connected to the internet. They are downloaded directly to my Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 where
    they reside. When I attempt to play them offline I get the following message:

"Can't play. Make sure you're connected to the Internet, then try again. If you're definitely connected, make sure no firewalls or proxy servers are blocking access to online services.

0xc00d1126. (0xc00d1126)"

These are movies that I have purchased (not rented) and viewed before. That does not seem to make any difference. They work fine online, but not offline. By trial and error I found is that if I start the video for a few seconds while connected to the
    internet prior to attempting to watch it offline, it will play offline. While, yes, this is a workaround, it not very practical as it is a pain to have to open up each video and watch for a few seconds each time prior to traveling on the oft chance I might
    what to watch it when an internet connection is not available. This is silly and is not worthy of a modern OS like Windows 10.

As an addendum: prior to my current travel I rented a movie using the Movies & TV app and downloaded it to my Surface Pro 3. Unfortunately, I did not start it first while contacted to the internet. When I tried to play it offline, it immediately told me
    that it had expired, which was only hours after downloading it. Thus, I paid for a rental I never got to use.

Does anyone know a better fix for this problem than each time having to open all movies you might want to watch offline just in case an internet connection might not be available?

JackMMoore, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 April 24th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (24 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Offline Download For Movies On Surface Pro? - Similar Threads - Offline Download Movies

2. Offline downloads on Microsoft edge pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline downloads on Microsoft edge pro: So I've had a windows surface pro for awhile and for some reason it won't let me download movies on Netflix or any streaming service. Is there a work around this or how do I download them to view offline?...
  3. Offline downloads on Microsoft edge pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline downloads on Microsoft edge pro: So I've had a windows surface pro for awhile and for some reason it won't let me download movies on Netflix or any streaming service. Is there a work around this or how do I download them to view offline?...
  4. Movies won’t play Offline

Movies won’t play Offline: Hi, ive been homeless for a couple months now, and my only solace at the end of the day is literally having something to watch before i cry myself to sleep. Was watching a downloaded movie through my Movies and TV app, that i had purchased, not rented. App quit out in the...
  5. How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to play DVD movie on my Microsoft Surface Pro???: I installed a DVD movie on my external DVD player and Win 10 encountered an error. I cannot believe that I spent a fortune on this device only to find it won't play DVD movies. I looked through programs at Control Panel and see nothing there. Then I tried to download Win...
  6. Downloading movies

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Downloading movies: Split from this thread. I know this is totally out of point but i think this needs to be heard. Watching movies is a great alternative to while away time and kill boredom but there comes the question, where do you download movies. It is no new thing that most people do not...
  7. Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface

Downloading Youtube Movies - No Sound on Surface: I want to download some free movies to watch on my tablet when I fly abroad next month. But they download and wont play with sound. But they do on my pc. My tablet is an MS Surface in Win 10 but something is obviously missing? Any ideas my friends??? 148004
  8. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...
  9. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...
  10. working offline installer for movie maker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    working offline installer for movie maker: I need to install windows movie maker in my windows 10, could you guys release a working offline installer for movie maker? #MovieMaker2017...