Windows 10: Offline download of windows language app files (Handwrite and Text-To_

Discus and support Offline download of windows language app files (Handwrite and Text-To_ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have a download issue in windows 10 i need help with, or to find out if the option is possible at all. I need to install a language in windows,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by remulus27, Jun 28, 2019.

1. remulus27 Win User

Offline download of windows language app files (Handwrite and Text-To_

Hi,
    I have a download issue in windows 10 i need help with, or to find out if the option is possible at all.
    I need to install a language in windows, and to download the language app segments, “Handwrite” and “Speech” especially, because I need to be able to get text-to-speech functionality.
    But I need to download these as FILES for offline installation, through SCCM.!
    I have searched google for a solution to download these but I can’t find any description on how to do this, neither from the Microsoft app store or anywhere else.
    Does anyone know how to download these, so I can deploy them bulk on 500+ computers?
    Best regards
    Brian Petersen

Offline download of windows language app files (Handwrite and Text-To_ [​IMG]

:)

remulus27, Jun 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Handwriting personalization / Supported characters for English (US) language

Hi Jacob,

Since the Handwriting Personalization feature has worked properly before, there's a possibility that recent changes or updates performed on your computer may have triggered this problem or it could be that there is a need for you to improve the handwriting
    recognition on your Surface Pro by providing more samples of your handwriting. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Language options.
    2. Under Handwriting, click Personalize handwriting recognition.
    3. Select Teach the recognizer your handwriting style.
    4. Several options will be provided to you on what samples do you want to input.
    5. Once done, click Update and exit.
    6. Click Close.

In case you're still getting the same error when trying to have a word or letter recognized, then you may have to reset the handwriting recognizer and start from scratch. Here's how:

1. Navigate to Language options > Handwriting.
    2. Under Personalize handwriting recognition > Related Tasks, click
      Delete handwriting samples that you provided for the current language.
    3. Confirm that you want to delete it by clicking Yes, delete my handwriting samples and reset the handwriting recognizer.
    4. Once done, then try to re-establish your handwriting feature again.

Let me know the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Mooticus Win User

Handwriting Disabled - "There are no handwriting options for this language."

Original title: Handwriting Disabled

I'm running a new SurfaceBook on Windows 10, Australia region, with English Australia as the default language. It says "There are no handwriting options for this language." I tried changing my language to English UK and English US, and it still says the
    same thing. I'm wanting to use this feature in OneNote "Ink to Text". I'm wanting to know how to enable this.

Mooticus, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Offline download of windows language app files (Handwrite and Text-To_ - Similar Threads - Offline download language

2. Windows handwriting not outputting text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows handwriting not outputting text: I am using the language "English United States" which has handwriting support. When I try to use handwriting, my handwriting turns into text in the handwriting panel but it does not turn into text anywhere else. For example, when I select the search bar for google or any...
  3. Windows handwriting not outputting text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows handwriting not outputting text: I am using the language "English United States" which has handwriting support. When I try to use handwriting, my handwriting turns into text in the handwriting panel but it does not turn into text anywhere else. For example, when I select the search bar for google or any...
  4. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  5. How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a language pack with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting"...: How to install particular language For Ex: Arabic, Italian, Swedish, Spanish etc.. pack in Windows with "text-to-speech, speech recognition, handwriting" features enabled from native language pack list when these options are not enabled for the particular language in native...
  6. No Handwriting in Language Experience pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Handwriting in Language Experience pack: The goal is installing complete Japanese support on offline Windows 10 workstation. Since langiage packages changed to appx format, I downloaded the appropriate "Local Experience Package" from: STORE: technically, using adguard sniffing service, but it does not change...
  7. Japanese Language Pack - Offline download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Japanese Language Pack - Offline download: Hi, I will like to check where am I able to download offline Japanese Language Pack for windows 10 1909ver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/japanese-language-pack-offline-download/2940c844-5649-4267-bf4d-d7df70d5c8cd
  8. Download of windows language app files for offline deployment (Handwrite and Text-To_Speech)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download of windows language app files for offline deployment (Handwrite and Text-To_Speech): Hi, I have a download issue in windows 10 i need help with, or to find out if the option is possible at all. I need to install a language in windows, and to download the language app segments, “Handwrite” and “Speech” especially, because I need to be able to get...
  9. Download language pack for offline use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Download language pack for offline use: Hello! Excuse me if this has been asked before, just point me to the appropriate thread. I work as Technician in a Computer Store and we import some notebooks and all-in-one PCs from Poland and elsewhere. Going into the Control Panel to download and install the Greek...
  10. Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting

in Windows 10 Support
    Regional and Language, cannot download handwriting: For some reason, everytime I try to download the handwriting for English (US) it fails with an error. I am on Windows 10 32bit Creators Update. Can this be solved? 93919