Windows 10: Offline File Sync Issues

Discus and support Offline File Sync Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Michael Werner_777, Mar 29, 2022.

1. Offline File Sync Issues

Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see some of their desktop icons and most will have a gray "x" on them typically in the lower right hand corner of the icon. While in this state the desktop and documents folders are not communication with the file server, for example if I create a folder on the server under the user's desktop folder they will not see it, or

:)

Michael Werner_777, Mar 29, 2022

2. windows 10 offline files issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with syncing offline files on the computer from network directory. As this is happening on only a couple of computers, you can try and delete the temporary files. To do this.

1. Click on Search in the Taskbar and type Control Panel.
    2. Open Control Panel and then Sync Center.
    3. Click on “Manage Offline Files”.
    4. Click on “Disk Usage” tab.
    5. Click “Delete temporary files”

You can also check the Sync Conflicts/Sync Results and see if there are any concerns.

However, for issues with Sync Center, let me help to point you in the right direction. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet Forums, where we have
    professionals with expertise on sync issues and network storage.

Reference: Enable Always Offline mode for faster access to files

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 29, 2022
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 29, 2022
  4. Offline File Sync Issues

how to make files available offline so I can get sync center to work

Hello Diane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to enable the offline files in sync center. We will help you.

• Did you enable Offline files from the control panel?
    There might be some third party applications conflicting to cause this issue.

Lets try the below methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform a clean boot
    and check if the issue persists.

to disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program
    in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

After performing the clean boot follow the below steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: I suggest you verify if you have enabled offline files
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type "control" and press Enter. This will open the Control panel.
    • If View by shows Category, kindly change it to
      small icons.
    • Find and double-click on Sync Center.
    • Click on Manage Offline Files.
    • Click on Enable Offline files.
    Once you have enabled offline files you will notice that View offline files option is enabled too.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 29, 2022
Thema:

Offline File Sync Issues

1. Offline File Sync Issues - Similar Threads - Offline File Sync

2. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  3. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  4. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  5. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  6. OFFLINE files and sync center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  7. Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files: The green icon of sync centre has suddenly sprung into life, and I don't use it, don't want it, and don't need it consuming resources.[ATTACH] There appears to be no way to turn this off. After selecting "disable" and then rebooting, it still starts up, and will give me a...
  8. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  9. Offline files not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
  10. Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows: How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use offline...