Windows 10: Offline Files and Drive Mapping

Discus and support Offline Files and Drive Mapping in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I have kinda ran into a dilemma that I am very perplexed with the cause. I know it has something to do with Offline Files... As a side not we use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ztmurphy21, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Offline Files and Drive Mapping

So I have kinda ran into a dilemma that I am very perplexed with the cause. I know it has something to do with Offline Files... As a side not we use direct access for our VPN. I had a user who was in Offline Files GPO, and when she would work from home her 'Home Drive' would map consistently upon login. However all her other network shares would not load consistently. Sometimes all of them would map, sometimes half of them would map, and other times none of them except for her home drive would map. Also when she was in the office everything worked fine. I did confirm when she was at home that Direct Access was working just fine, and was able to ping our servers.

After having her troubleshoot her home network, we then re-imaged her computer she ended up having the same issue at home after her computer was re-imaged. Before her computer was re-imaged she was running 1903, I then re-imaged her to our latest 1909 image. She still had the issue at home after being re-imaged. The network drives that were not mapping consistently are all on different servers.

I then had her bring her computer in and tested it out on a mobile hotspot and I was able to reproduce the problem. I then tested her account on my computer on the hotspot and everything worked fine. The only difference with her computer and my computer is that my computer is not in the Allow Offline Files GPO, while her computer is in the Allow Offline Files GPO.

So we took her computer out of the Allow Offline Files GPO and then disabled it locally on the computer and after a reboot everything worked fine on a mobile hotspot.

I am wondering what would be the potential cause for Offline Files causing other network drives to map properly while on a home network or hotspot? We are using Windows 10 Enterprise.

:)

ztmurphy21, Jan 7, 2020
  2. Ian Sal Win User

NO Maps Offline

Hi FrancoTerracciano,

Follow these steps on how to use Offline Maps:

• Download maps before you go offline. Then later, search for places and get directions in the Maps app, even without Internet access.
    • On your Windows 10 PC or phone, select Settings
      > Apps, and then choose
      Offline maps.
    • Select Download maps and follow the instructions.
    • On Start
      , select Maps to search for places and get directions on the downloaded maps.
    Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Offline Maps for Pakistan

Hello,

If you wish to download the offline map for Pakistan, then it is currently unavailable on the Windows phone. We suggest that you send a suggestion on the Feedback Hub so we can add it on the next update. To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the
    steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category, and then submit.

You can also download any alternative applications from the Store that support offline maps.

Don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Michael Rey, Jan 7, 2020
  4. iseif Win User

Offline Files and Drive Mapping

HERE Drive+ - Israel offline maps

Hey,

In the last HERE Drive+ (version 3.0.4087.0) I got a message that now I can use Israel maps in offline mode - but I can't find Israel listed in the Download Maps section...

How can I download the map of Israel for offline navigation in the HERE Drive+?

Thanks,

Seif.

iseif, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Offline Files and Drive Mapping

1. Offline Files and Drive Mapping - Similar Threads - Offline Files Drive

2. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  3. Offline Google Maps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline Google Maps: On re-installation of Win 10, offered offline maps; having downloaded four, says they are in C: drive, but cannot locate them there or how to open/refer to them? Thanks, Mike...
  4. offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    offline maps: offline maps not working on settings when I go into start settings system storage change where content saved change where you store your offline maps there no option for my d drive even when I go into settings apps offline maps and when im in storage location its not there...
  5. download offline maps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  6. offline maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    offline maps: Why are there no offline maps of Uzbekistan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/5171a9c0-b095-4476-a04c-485a62f1e35a
  7. Offline maps - hiding ?

Offline maps - hiding ?: I have just downloaded a Win 10 offline map of my country And am unable to locate it on my C: drive Any idea where it is hiding ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-hiding/6373f14a-55e3-4cf9-941c-19e8f9da732e

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot map drives when secondary DC is offline: I'm trying to migrate AD/DNS from SBS 2008 to WS 2012 R2. The WS 2012 R2 is PDC/GC. However, if I take the SBS 2008 offline, I can no longer map drives from workgroup workstations to other servers, NAS , etc. Both DCs are name servers. Can someone please offer assistance?...
  9. Offline Maps disappeared

Offline Maps disappeared: Hello, months ago I downloaded some offline maps on my desktop which is not connected to Internet and it worked fine. Now Maps does not work anymore, since my Offline Maps disappeared. Is it possible that offline maps expire after a while and they are deleted automatically?...
  10. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342