Windows 10: offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

Discus and support offline files are not working with network drive through VPN. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chester Greer, Feb 20, 2024.

1. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN

:)

Chester Greer, Feb 20, 2024
  2. stenci Win User

Sync offline files over VPN

I did some experiments with folders available offline with Windows 10 and this is what I understand:

• An user working from home can set a folder as available offline so opening and saving a file while at home will be faster than it would be via VPN (good)
    • When the user is back in the office the local files and the network drive will be synchronized (good)
    • If the users works from home for a month, then nothing is synchronized for a month (bad)

I was not able to get the files to synchronize via the slow VPN connection.

This makes the offline folders useful only in the rare cases when an user is out of the office for very short periods.

Is it possible to setup the offline folders to synchronize via VPN? Even if it is slow and it takes the whole night, it is still faster than waiting for a month.

stenci, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 20, 2024
  4. Remon Ont Win User

offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

Network Drive and Offline Files

Hi,

We would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

1.) Have you tried restarting your computer before reconnecting to the network again? Restarting your PC will refresh all the services that are running on your computer.

2.) How is your network drive being set-up? Is it a simple network drive/HomeGroup or is it an Enterprise design network drive?

3.)How are you connected to the network? Are you using wired or wireless connection?

If you are using or part of a HomeGroup, we suggest that you try running the HomeGroup troubleshooter.

1. Go to Control Panel

2. Select All control panel Items, then select Troubleshooting.

3. On the left side of Troubleshooting page, click View all.

4. Select/click HomeGroup.

You can also try running Network troubleshooter using the steps below:

1. Open Windows Settings.

2. Select Network & Internet.

3. Click Network troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists after running the Network troubleshooter, you can try resetting your network by clicking
    Network reset on the same Settings page.

If your network drive setup involves a Windows Server, we've found a similar thread with some troubleshooting steps on this

link
    that might work on your end.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

1. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN. - Similar Threads - offline files are

2. Resolve Arp Through VPN Tunnel Of Remote Network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolve Arp Through VPN Tunnel Of Remote Network.: I am trying to resolve arp of a LAN through vpn tunnel.SonicWall to SonicWall VPN tunnel is already setup.Site 1 Private LAN gateway: 192.168.150.1Site 2 Private LAN Gateway: 192.168.60.1Already have connection between the two.Site 1 VMNIC 1: 192.168.150.10 workingNic 2:...
  3. Resolve Arp Through VPN Tunnel Of Remote Network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolve Arp Through VPN Tunnel Of Remote Network.: I am trying to resolve arp of a LAN through vpn tunnel.SonicWall to SonicWall VPN tunnel is already setup.Site 1 Private LAN gateway: 192.168.150.1Site 2 Private LAN Gateway: 192.168.60.1Already have connection between the two.Site 1 VMNIC 1: 192.168.150.10 workingNic 2:...
  4. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.: With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN...
  5. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.: With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN...
  6. Files saved on offline network drive missing

Files saved on offline network drive missing: We have a user who saved his files to a network drive which was offline by enabling offline filesHowever, the server address for the drive changed and once a batch file was run, the drive is back online but all his offline files are missingHow can the offline files be...
  7. Files saved on offline network drive missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files saved on offline network drive missing: We have a user who saved his files to a network drive which was offline by enabling offline filesHowever, the server address for the drive changed and once a batch file was run, the drive is back online but all his offline files are missingHow can the offline files be...
  8. Files saved on offline network drive missing

9. Network Drive connected through VPN: folders show; but files don't since most recent updates

Network Drive connected through VPN: folders show; but files don't since most recent updates: Three days ago everything was okay here. Two days later, same machine, same everything except of having had some updates, including 'Experience Update', suddenly all folders on the remote machine show, but none of the files. I can only guess it has to make with the...
  10. Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Work network changes personal computer security settings through VPN connection?: I am running Win10 on my personal Lenovo notebook, and have since the free upgrade from Win8.1. When I want to work from home, I connect to my company's network via a Forticlient VPN connection to access shared network folders, and programs on the office Terminal Server if...