Windows 10: Offline files disappear when going back online

Discus and support Offline files disappear when going back online in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, We are looking at deploying a fleet of laptops. Currently our desktop users have Folder Redirection and DFS. We would like to utilize this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zammasaurus, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Offline files disappear when going back online

Hello,

We are looking at deploying a fleet of laptops.

Currently our desktop users have Folder Redirection and DFS.

We would like to utilize this for our laptops, but with the added feature of offline files for when they are not connect to the network.

I have created a group policy and enabled offline files, and when logging into the network on a laptop I can see that this looks like it works.

While offline, if I create a new file and connect back to the network the file disappears.

If I modify a file that was created online, the changes sync fine.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of setup? I think I must be missing something.....

thanks.

:)

zammasaurus, Mar 31, 2019

2. sync - where are offline files, folders disappear when offline?

I have sync set up, between 2 PCs, and made some 'always available offline' They are in the 'manage offline files' window., - but where are the offline files in explorer, when offline?

I could find them in "network" in the folder pane when connected, but when the connection is broken, the pc containing the shared files disappears from the network list!

How to I access offline files to edit them, and offline folders to save new files?

Thanks

The PC I am trying to find the offline files on is using Win 10 professional, the other 8.1 professional

piecevcake, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 31, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Offline files disappear when going back online

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Offline files disappear when going back online

1. Offline files disappear when going back online - Similar Threads - Offline files disappear

2. Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?: I am trying to play the game Grounded and when I try to invite friends while playing the game bought on steam it shows them as offline and won't let me invite them. They are not appearing offline on Xbox game bar and are in the game and for them it shows I am online but for...
  3. Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my friends show as offline when they are online and they are not appearing offline?: I am trying to play the game Grounded and when I try to invite friends while playing the game bought on steam it shows them as offline and won't let me invite them. They are not appearing offline on Xbox game bar and are in the game and for them it shows I am online but for...
  4. When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-the-bitlocker-recovery-id-page-going-to-be/5437a777-6c82-4552-9b9a-6ed150090367
  5. When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?

When is the bitlocker recovery id page going to be back online?: Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-the-bitlocker-recovery-id-page-going-to-be/5437a777-6c82-4552-9b9a-6ed150090367
  6. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  7. Offline to Online - files safe?

Offline to Online - files safe?: Hi,I have 3 mybook external usb drives, 2 have always been connected to my main pc and one was connected to an older pc.I have now retired the older pc and tried to connect the mybook from that onto my main pc, I hear it bing when plugged in but it is not shown in explorer as...
  8. Offline to Online - files safe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Offline files disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files disappeared: I have a user who has been working at home for the past three months using a domain-joined computer with offline files. When she came into the office today and synchronized her offline files, all her files and folders she had been working on for the past three months...
  10. Get back online with offline files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get back online with offline files: I chose to make a folder available offline, now when I access that share I can only see that folder. My admin has "use offline files on slow connection" locked on. How can I see the rest of the files in the share? I tried the button under [Home][Easy Access], but it...