Windows 10: Offline files not syncing

Discus and support Offline files not syncing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ramsha.Ijaz, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Offline files not syncing

I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?

:)

Ramsha.Ijaz, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 19, 2019
  3. stlsailor Win User
    How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

When I migrate to Windows 10,

• Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder.
    • Per folder selective sync will be available.
    But that leaves a question…

• Will per folder selective sync be turned OFF by default at conversion?
      • This means offline files on the local OneDrive folder will be orphaned.
      • Therefore, to avoid confusion, I’d need to either (a) delete them since they’re available online and since sync is off, or (b) turn on selective sync for the folder they’re in and sync all files in the folder, or (c) do nothing if OneDrive automatically deleted them in the conversion.

• Or, will per folder selective sync be turned ON by default for folders that have offline files in them, syncing all files in such a folder?

• Or, will OneDrive try to sync all folders to my local OneDrive, overwhelming the smaller drive on my laptop?
    It seems to me this would be important to know, but I've not been able to find anything on it.

stlsailor, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Offline files not syncing

sync - where are offline files, folders disappear when offline?

I have sync set up, between 2 PCs, and made some 'always available offline' They are in the 'manage offline files' window., - but where are the offline files in explorer, when offline?

I could find them in "network" in the folder pane when connected, but when the connection is broken, the pc containing the shared files disappears from the network list!

How to I access offline files to edit them, and offline folders to save new files?

Thanks

The PC I am trying to find the offline files on is using Win 10 professional, the other 8.1 professional

piecevcake, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Offline files not syncing

1. Offline files not syncing - Similar Threads - Offline files syncing

2. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  3. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  4. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  5. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  6. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. OFFLINE files and sync center

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  8. Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files: The green icon of sync centre has suddenly sprung into life, and I don't use it, don't want it, and don't need it consuming resources.[ATTACH] There appears to be no way to turn this off. After selecting "disable" and then rebooting, it still starts up, and will give me a...
  9. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  10. Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows: How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use offline...