Windows 10: Offline Files

Discus and support Offline Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Morning I have an issue with offline files not syncing correctly to a shared drive network. I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop that is trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesMckenna24, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Offline Files

Good Morning

I have an issue with offline files not syncing correctly to a shared drive network. I have a Dell XPS 15 laptop that is trying to connect 8Gb of offline files to a local network.

Everytime it connects to the network by LAN connection rather than syncing and updating the files required it brings up a sync conflict and stores all information in the cache folder.

Any information so I can make sure that when connected to the network it overwrites the files on the network.

Kind regards

James Mckenna

:)

JamesMckenna24, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Feb 11, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Offline Files

Offline files in Windows 10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please follow the below steps to move offline file cache in Windows 10:

• Create a folder for your offline file cache. Something like D:\Offline.
    • From an elevated command prompt type the following: Takeown /r /f C:\Windows\CSC.
    • Open the Sync Center and go to Manage Offline Files.
    • Click Disable Offline Files and restart the machine.

• From an elevated command prompt issue the following commands:

(or whatever your folder name is, but be sure to use the quotes if you have space(s) in the name).

• Reopen the Manage Offline Files window and Enable Offline Files.
    • Restart the machine.
    • All files/folders that are made available offline should now be redirected to whichever folder you specified.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Offline Files

1. Offline Files - Similar Threads - Offline Files

2. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  3. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  4. Offline files only available for 3 of 6 users on PC running Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline files only available for 3 of 6 users on PC running Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer running Windows 10 set up with 6 users. Only three can make files always available offline. While the option exists for the other three in the context menu i.e. by right clicking the sync never starts. In addition, the three user accounts that are able make...
  5. Offline files only available for 3 of 6 users on PC running Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline files only available for 3 of 6 users on PC running Windows 10 Pro: I have a computer running Windows 10 set up with 6 users. Only three can make files always available offline. While the option exists for the other three in the context menu i.e. by right clicking the sync never starts. In addition, the three user accounts that are able make...
  6. Offline files only available for 3 of 6 users on PC running Windows 10 Pro

7. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  8. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  9. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.

offline files are not working with network drive through VPN.: With offline files set to off I can see all on the files on network drive through VPN.With offline files set to on I can not see any files on the network drive through VPN...