Windows 10: Offline Groove

Discus and support Offline Groove in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yesterday, I lost internet connection in my office shortly after turning on my computer and didn't get it back until 12:00 PM. Since I didn't have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryF2, Feb 26, 2021.

1. LarryF2 Win User

Offline Groove

Yesterday, I lost internet connection in my office shortly after turning on my computer and didn't get it back until 12:00 PM. Since I didn't have any jobs on the bench, that meant I was reduced to thumb-twiddling and playing with my cell phone settings. After contacting my service provider's support to get them on the case, I decided to turn on some music to help fill in the time. That's when I found out something I didn't know before. Groove, the music application that comes with Windows 10, won't play a note without an internet connection. Even if you're just trying to play songs from your hard drive. I don't know who the heck on the design team that put that application together thought it'd be a great idea to make it dependent on being connected to the internet, but that person really needs to take a reality check. Not every computer in the world has access to full-time internet service, and those that do are subject to service outages like I had. Now, I realize that maybe I missed something and it can be used offline, so that's why I'm here. Does it have an offline mode and how do you get into it after starting the application? As it is, I'm seriously considering dumping Groove as a waste of space I could be using for a music player that works when I want it to.

:)

LarryF2, Feb 26, 2021

2. Groove

Hi Al,

Since the issue persist, please check the troubleshooting steps on how to reset Groove player:

• Type Settings to your Cortana.
    • Go to Apps.
    • Look for Groove.
    • Click Reset.

You can also check this article:
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Offline Groove

Groove music plater on win 10 and android

Hi Martin,

In Groove Music, you can download purchased songs so you can play them offline.

If you're having issues with playing the songs, there are some steps that you need to do. We suggest that you check this

Wiki Article
    created by Nathan Roberts on how to play your songs offline on Groove Music.

Let us know how it goes for you.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Offline Groove

1. Offline Groove - Similar Threads - Offline Groove

2. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  3. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  4. Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached: Hellowe have shared network-printers.Randomly printers are displayed offline on clients, while other clients can print on them without problems.After restart of the spooler, we the user can print again.We already checked printer drivers, disabled snmp and more.Has anyone a...
  5. Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached: Hellowe have shared network-printers.Randomly printers are displayed offline on clients, while other clients can print on them without problems.After restart of the spooler, we the user can print again.We already checked printer drivers, disabled snmp and more.Has anyone a...
  6. Shared Networkprinter displayed offline on client but can be reached

7. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  8. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is connected to router even completly offline: Hello guys, to open this post let me quickly brief that I have been a victim of cyberbullying and it was very hard for me to find some compelling evidences to go to the police. I'm posting this here to expose a bit of what I figured, confirm that it is, indeed ... criminal,...
  9. Windows is connected to router even completly offline

10. I can't Play my music in offline mode on Groove Music or any video on Films and TV!! Error...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't Play my music in offline mode on Groove Music or any video on Films and TV!! Error...: When I try to play my music in offline mode I get the following: Can't Play. Can't access the file. Make sure the file isn't in use, that you can access the place the file is stored, and that your network's proxy settings are correct, then try again. The error code is...