Windows 10: Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

Discus and support Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leigh0109, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Leigh0109 Win User

Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded

Hi

I have downloaded a quite a number of offline maps, however if I reduce the the offline maps window to the taskbar or closed the window and then opened it again it starts downloading all my maps again. They all show "waiting to download" while it downloads the first map in the list. It has done this on two occasions so far and it is chewing up all my data. I have metered connections and map updates turned off. I have also found the downloaded data is twice the size as to what the file size states. If I cancel this current download will this delete what has previously downloaded and end up with no offline map at all?

Regards

Debi Leigh

:)

Leigh0109, Aug 9, 2020
  2. CPinnegar Win User

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Yeah, that disables the auto download and update....which is good. I'm trying to take it a step further by greying out the options for offline maps altogether.

With that GPO set users can still manually download...

CPinnegar, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

Hi Shawn,

I'm hoping you might be able to answer my question as the people at Microsoft Help couldn't *Sad.

I downloaded 2 different maps to use offline. I wanted to switch from one to the other but could not work out how to do this. Every time I opened the maps app it opened to the original map I downloaded (Greece). When I tried searching for something on the other map (London) it came up with no results.

Is it not possible to have more than one map to use offline or do you know how I can switch between them?

Maggi

SaggyMaggyPoo, Aug 9, 2020
  4. sml156 Win User

Offline Maps

Windows 10 has the ability to download offline maps from Microsoft.

To Download the maps:
    Press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code:
    Code:
    Offline maps
    Select Offline Maps settings

Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded [​IMG]

Then Follow the Prompts

To open maps press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code:
    Code:
    maps
    Select Maps trusted Windows Store app

sml156, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Offline Maps keeps downloading maps that are already downloaded - Similar Threads - Offline Maps keeps

2. Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Offline maps download unbearably slow!!!: Microsoft using dial-up for this function?Try it yourself before you ask me any questions. Region USA/Missouri. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-download-unbearably-slow/6ee1a581-c19b-4f2b-9232-9fe63cc60548
  3. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  4. unable to download offline maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to download offline maps: I faced an issue with downloading offline maps. I go to the Settings then find Apps and Download maps. But then the system requires that I delete maps because there is an issue there....
  5. download offline maps?

in Windows 10 Customization
    download offline maps?: I cannot download offlinemaps. I go to settings>apps> download maps and am told there is a problem and I have to delete maps, click to delete maps, info changes so that I can click download maps but the Download Maps has a heading but nothing to chose?...
  6. Pakistan Map in offline download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pakistan Map in offline download: why there is no Pakistan map in offline download. Bangladesh, India maps are available but not Pakistan now that racist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pakistan-map-in-offline-download/645d5c5c-a257-4037-b757-fd4e7492bb48
  7. Offline Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342
  8. Where to find the downloaded offline maps.

Where to find the downloaded offline maps.: I just upgraded from Build 10041 to Build 10061. I downloaded a few maps using 'Systems - Maps' but unable to find where these maps are saved. This happens to both builds. Please advise where can I find the saved maps. 5578
  9. Disable Offline Map downloads and updates

Disable Offline Map downloads and updates: Hello, If you browse to Settings>System>Offline Maps, you'll see the +Download Maps option, and further down, the "automatically update maps" toggle. How would one disable both of these from the registry? I'm starting the search in HKLM\System\Maps - but nothing that...
  10. Download Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Download Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Download Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions....