Windows 10: Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving

Discus and support Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows phone says it is moving my off line maps to my SD card but shortly after, they are back on the device which is then complaining about low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nebula7, Apr 5, 2019.

1. nebula7 Win User

Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving

Windows phone says it is moving my off line maps to my SD card but shortly after, they are back on the device which is then complaining about low storage - why?

:)

nebula7, Apr 5, 2019
  2. GLN(2) Win User

Cannot move offline maps or apps to SD card

In Windows 10, I cannot move my online maps, or any installed apps, to my SD card. The maps appear to be being moved but after the apparent move has completed, I get an error message saying 'we ran into a problem and couldn't move your offline maps to
    the SD card'. I get a similar response when I try to move any installed app. Does anyone know how to fix this? There is plenty of space on my SD card.

GLN(2), Apr 5, 2019
  3. How to move offline maps to SD card in a non-Lumia windows phone?

Hi shaheen.gh,

Thanks for posting!

You won't be able to move offline maps to SD card, this is by design.

I would suggest you to visit the site below;

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

And post your ideas regarding Windows Phone features improvements.

Kind Regards,

Karolina M, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving

Store offline maps to SD Card

Yes I am able to configure storage to store videos, pictures etc to the SD Card. However under offline maps I am not able to configure the maps to store to the SD Card

Synckronize, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving

1. Offline maps will not stay on SD card after moving - Similar Threads - Offline maps stay

2. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  3. Moving apps to my sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving apps to my sd card: Trying to move recently downloaded apps to my sd cardSeems to happen but nothing shows up on the sd card .I.e no data been used not sure what's going on This is the hp stream 14 inch....
  4. Moving Files onto and SD Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  5. Moving Files onto and SD Card

Moving Files onto and SD Card: Hello! I am trying to move my system files onto an SD card; my system files take up a LOT of storage and my system storage is full. I've copied them onto the card, is it safe to delete the original files?I hope this made sense...
  6. How to load offline map onto sd card for car navigation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to load offline map onto sd card for car navigation?: I was asked to load the north America map onto an SD card for a land rover car. According to this tutorial, we would have to buy the map for around $100 and install it. So I downloaded the north America map offline from windows 10 maps setting and now its somewhere on C:\Even...
  7. How to load offline map onto sd card for car navigation?

How to load offline map onto sd card for car navigation?: I was asked to load the north America map onto an SD card for a land rover car. According to this tutorial, we would have to buy the map for around $100 and install it. So I downloaded the north America map offline from windows 10 maps setting and now its somewhere on C:\Even...
  8. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  9. Change maps download location to sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change maps download location to sd card: Hello all. I have a Surface Go and have been trying to change the default download for offline maps to microsdxc. In settings/storage I am able change the default download location for music, documents, videos, apps from C: to D: (microsdxc). For offline maps when I click on...
  10. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342