Windows 10: Offline Maps

Discus and support Offline Maps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ffrree, May 5, 2016.

1. ffrree Win User

Offline Maps

Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ?

Would simple copying works?

Thanks for any advice.

:)

ffrree, May 5, 2016
  2. Plantje Win User

Do offline maps contain satellite view?

Today I downloaded some offline maps on my Surface 3 and I was wondering if the offline maps also cover satellite view. Or is the offline map only the road map?

Plantje, May 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 maps

Hey Tommy

The map downloads the offline maps to a system location that is not intended to be accessed separately. The Maps app (and any other Windows app using offline maps) will use the offline maps automatically when there's no internet connection.

Analy [MSFT], May 5, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Offline Maps

Windows 10 has the ability to download offline maps from Microsoft.

To Download the maps:
    Press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code: Offline maps[/quote] Select Offline Maps settings

Offline Maps [​IMG]

Then Follow the Prompts

Offline Maps [​IMG]

Offline Maps [​IMG]

To open maps press the Windows Key + S and type or paste
    Code: maps[/quote] Select Maps trusted Windows Store app

Offline Maps [​IMG]

sml156, May 5, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's all well and good, sml156, but the OP is asking where the offline maps are stored so that he can just copy the files from one computer to the other without having to download them again on the new computer.

NavyLCDR, May 5, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    LOL is it Monday again

sml156, May 5, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    I don't know if this will help or not, but if you have a USB flash drive inserted you can initially store the maps to it. I have no idea if you can then take that USB drive and use it in another computer.

Offline Maps [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Offline Maps

1. Offline Maps - Similar Threads - Offline Maps

2. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  3. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  4. There is no offline map of Myanmar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no offline map of Myanmar in windows 11: What is this Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-offline-map-of-myanmar-in-windows-11/e6a85c51-0521-41d4-8d34-0734b6c33137
  5. There is no offline map of Myanmar in windows 11

There is no offline map of Myanmar in windows 11: What is this Microsoft??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-offline-map-of-myanmar-in-windows-11/e6a85c51-0521-41d4-8d34-0734b6c33137
  6. There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11: There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-offline-map-of-pakistan-in-windows-11/00d051c3-5795-454e-bd9b-3d339a2ea678
  7. There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11

There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11: There is no offline map of pakistan in windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-offline-map-of-pakistan-in-windows-11/00d051c3-5795-454e-bd9b-3d339a2ea678
  8. In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...: In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan why no have Pakistan map ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-search-pakistan-offline-maps-but/4933bd80-5470-4e82-892b-805343445ba7
  9. In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...

In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan...: In windows 10 i search pakistan offline maps but windows 10 have no offline map of Pakistan why no have Pakistan map ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-windows-10-i-search-pakistan-offline-maps-but/4933bd80-5470-4e82-892b-805343445ba7
  10. Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 maps, offline gps navigation works for a few minutes and stops.: My gps signal isnt interrupted all I do is close the maps app and reopen and It knows exactly where I am, I have also a background app logging gps live and it shows my wwan card is working. I have narrowed it down to the maps app acting up. any suggestions would be...