Windows 10: Offline profile over VPN possible?

Discus and support Offline profile over VPN possible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a user that has site to site VPN at home to access network drives. They also have folder redirection set up in their environment along with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelTrieu, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Offline profile over VPN possible?

I have a user that has site to site VPN at home to access network drives. They also have folder redirection set up in their environment along with Offline files set up.

When the user is connected on via VPN, they experience sluggish performance while doing simple tasks like opening and moving files around on their desktop. This is most likely due to latency of the line/VPN from the device connecting back up to the servers to read/write to his profile.

My question is, is there a way to have the user on the VPN but have his profile as "offline"? That way he can still access the network drives but will not suffer from the poor performance when carrying out menial tasks. I understand that they would have to sync manually if Offline files moving forward if something like this is applied.

:)

MichaelTrieu, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Dec 3, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Offline profile over VPN possible? :D

P4-630, Dec 3, 2018
  4. stenci Win User

Offline profile over VPN possible?

Sync offline files over VPN

I did some experiments with folders available offline with Windows 10 and this is what I understand:

• An user working from home can set a folder as available offline so opening and saving a file while at home will be faster than it would be via VPN (good)
    • When the user is back in the office the local files and the network drive will be synchronized (good)
    • If the users works from home for a month, then nothing is synchronized for a month (bad)

I was not able to get the files to synchronize via the slow VPN connection.

This makes the offline folders useful only in the rare cases when an user is out of the office for very short periods.

Is it possible to setup the offline folders to synchronize via VPN? Even if it is slow and it takes the whole night, it is still faster than waiting for a month.

stenci, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Offline profile over VPN possible?

1. Offline profile over VPN possible? - Similar Threads - Offline profile VPN

2. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  3. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile: The original issue - O365 web based Outlook. When attaching a file the file attachment doesn't complete before stalling and disappearing. These are small PDF, text files. No limits are being reached. Mailbox is at 27% full.Windows 10 ProIt is suspected that the profile is...
  4. Profile possibly corrupt - Create New Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New profile is created when remoting into machine over VPN instead of logging into existing...: [ATTACH] Simple as the title. I've got a PC at a client's that's creating a new profile instead of logging into the existing account when logging in over VPN. The desktop only shows default icons, none of the network drives are mapped, etc. None of the other PC are having...
  6. VMWare over VPN

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWare over VPN: PCs here connect to a VPN at start up. I want to install VMWare to load games. The VM will contain the OS and the game and nothing else. I will need internet access because the games use launchers like Origin, Steam and Battle.net If the host is connected to the VPN 1. Will...
  7. Store downloads over VPN not working

Store downloads over VPN not working: Can anyone tell me why downloading apps on the store doesn't work over VPN ? I get the message while clicking the get button It doesn't look like you're connected to the Internet error code 0x800704cf. I am however 100% connected the internet. Everythıng else works. I am...
  8. Possible profile problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Possible profile problem: not aware of installing anything recently, but all of a sudden, the start menu won't select, the search bar doesn't work....also cant use right click to close running programs on the bottom bar. Plus strangely enough the mouse settings have changed. created a new user...
  9. Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN

Trouble mapping a drive over a VPN: I have a network attached storage system and when I am out of network I connect through a VPN and map the drive to access. A few computers have been able to connect to the VPN and map the drive while others can connect to the VPN but then when trying to map the drive it...
  10. Possible corruption - VPN related?

Possible corruption - VPN related?: Some backstory - I purchased a new laptop at the end of April. After about two or so months, it became corrupted...tiles not working, no Microsoft/Windows programs would load, and so on. I had the OS reinstalled but I was never able to find out the cause of the corruption. I...