Windows 10: Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

Discus and support Offline scan done, event log shows a problem? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quincofish, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware. Old value: Default\IsServiceRunning = 0x0 New value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\IsServiceRunning = 0x1----------------------------------------------------------------Although the offline scan ran, could not see results in event viewer exc

:)

Quincofish, Apr 12, 2024
  2. LmStearn Win User

Windows Defender Offline Scan Logged?

@Valdemar_Klausenburg_III:

The intention was not to disparage the folks helping out in the threads in any way:

Quote:

There is a concern ... if WD is not writing to log events 1000 and 1001 during the offline scan process,

Have you or other subscribers to this thread ever checked the log of the offline scan to see that it performed the scan? If it doesn't show the system as being scanned, then we are not alone and this thread can be marked as solved, else, there is an issue
    with this machine, and thanks for the links & advice.

LmStearn, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    offline scan

Hello Peter, *Smile

The yellowish note box at the top of the tutorial below can help show you how to find and read the Windows Defender Offline Scan log files and event logs.

Please just let me know if you have any questions or need help with it.

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Brink, Apr 12, 2024
  4. camross Win User

Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

Windows defenser offline scan not being logged

Hi there,

Got this in the event log:

Event 2030: Windows Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Windows Defender Offline to run on the next reboot.

This was immediately followed by the following:

Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.

Old value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun= 0x1

New value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scan\OfflineScanRun = 0x0

Is this normal? Ive recently just reinstalled windows 10, and I ran the offline scan out of defender from curiosity. When I try this with quick scan it actually logs the event, but oddly its not the same for offline. I’m new to defender and i’m curious
    if this is a normal thing or if I should be concerned. I had mcafee prior to this, but its long gone and uninstalled. The UI of the offline scanner itself shows up, and scans the system, but it doesn’t log it. Defender is on it latest update as well. Any help?

camross, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

1. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem? - Similar Threads - Offline scan done

2. Offline scan and Event Viewer troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline scan and Event Viewer troubles: Hi everyone I was hoping someone here could help me with an issue I am having. Whenever I run offline scans with windows defender it never reaches 100% it stops at around 91%. I was told I could check event viewer on its progress so I did. However when I checked, it had a...
  3. Offline scan and Event Viewer troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline scan and Event Viewer troubles: Hi everyone I was hoping someone here could help me with an issue I am having. Whenever I run offline scans with windows defender it never reaches 100% it stops at around 91%. I was told I could check event viewer on its progress so I did. However when I checked, it had a...
  4. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  5. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  6. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  7. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  8. Window defender offline scan logs

Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  9. Window defender offline scan logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pmWhy is each logs saying configuration has been change and how do I tell if the window defender is successful in the scan since after it finish it just reboot my pc like normal I checked my current threats the :Last scan is 5:09 Am...
  10. Microsoft Defender Offline scan : has the scan really been done and where's the the log ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Offline scan : has the scan really been done and where's the the log ?: Hi !I've just try to do a scan with WDO twice. It seems to end at 91% scan lasts around one minute, and I can find no trace of the scan/log either in Protection History or in the Event Viewer.Help, anyone ?...