Windows 10: Offline scanning

Discus and support Offline scanning in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilipAhwesh, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Offline scanning

When I run the offline virus scan, that scan does not update the scanning history. Is this indicative of a problem or just a history design issue?

:)

PhilipAhwesh, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Scan Offline Option is not Appearing

Hi Gary,

We would like to know more details about your concern about Scan Offline so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Offline scanning

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Offline scanning

1. Offline scanning - Similar Threads - Offline scanning

2. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  3. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  6. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  8. Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?

Offline scan done, event log shows a problem?: Microsoft Defender Antivirus downloaded and configured Microsoft Defender Antivirus offline scan to run on the next reboot.---------------------------------------------------------------Microsoft Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you...
  9. Window defender offline scan logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...
  10. Window defender offline scan logs

Window defender offline scan logs: I did a window defender offline scan 10:10 pm Edit i ran the offline scan again the complete % was at 91 but the scan file was still moving and the complete % wasn't it was at 91 after awhile and rebooted my pc and again at virus and threat protection still shows my last scan...