Windows 10: offline update for Windows 10 1809

Discus and support offline update for Windows 10 1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to apply offline update to my computer running Windows 10 version 1809. But I read the information on the support website to find out that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tim '''Kane''', Dec 7, 2018.

1. offline update for Windows 10 1809

I want to apply offline update to my computer running Windows 10 version 1809. But I read the information on the support website to find out that “This quality update should not be used to update Windows 10 version 1809 media offline. See KB 4464619 for more information.” OK, I understand what I shouldn’t do, but how I can apply this update offline? I have the latest LCU and a new SSU.

:)

Tim '''Kane''', Dec 7, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

offline update for Windows 10 1809 NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Dec 7, 2018
  3. johnhc2 Win User
    Offline update 1809.

How do I apply offline update to W10 1809? Say I have the latest LCU and a new SSU.

Here
    it says "This quality update should not be used to update Windows 10 version 1809 media offline. See KB

for more information." It says what not to do, but not what
    to do. So, do I apply the SSU via DISM, then the LCU? If so, why did it not say so - seems straight forward? Thanks and enjoy, John.

johnhc2, Dec 7, 2018
  4. offline update for Windows 10 1809

Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

offline update for Windows 10 1809 xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

offline update for Windows 10 1809 rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

offline update for Windows 10 1809 kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

offline update for Windows 10 1809

1. offline update for Windows 10 1809 - Similar Threads - offline update 1809

2. Offline Update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Offline Update of Windows 10: Hi I got the feedback that windows 10 cannot be updated without an internet but what if the machine is involved for work in Special Tasks for Special Forces which are completely kept away from Internet .. How can I install updates on that machine ? Thanks, Saurabh...
  3. Windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 1809 update: Hi, after the windows 10 update to 1809 (build 17763.253) on choosing dark mode, my right clicks become invisible and some parts of the explorer too retain the white color. I've tried almost all solutions but cant seem to find a way to solve it.(Restarting, Toggling it...
  4. Windows 10 update 1809

Windows 10 update 1809: Hi I successfully downloaded and installed the new feature update last night. However this morning I am dismayed at how every dialogue box is black. I am finding it very difficult to read the white print. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change this, and if so how?...
  5. Offline update 1809.

Offline update 1809.: How do I apply offline update to W10 1809? Say I have the latest LCU and a new SSU. Hereit says "This quality update should not be used to update Windows 10 version 1809 media offline. See KB 4464619 for more information." It says what not to do, but not what to do. So,...
  6. Windows 10 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 1809 update: downloaded 1809 os using media tool now what is next what can I choose efi folder...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-update/17b7a848-6883-4158-8012-27f48fc696ec"
  7. windows 10 update 1809

windows 10 update 1809: I downloaded update 1809 on October 2,2018 will I have to reinstall this update once it is fixed, or is the one released on the 2 of October the same update, or will Microsoft send the fix through windows update....
  8. Windows 10 Updates (1809) Offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Updates (1809) Offline: Hi, I am in an environment that was an air gapped computer. I need to update this system to the latest Windows Version, so from 1803 to 1809. I have access to another machine that has internet access. What is the easiest way to get the fall updates of windows, and future...
  9. Windows 10 Updates (1809) Offline

Windows 10 Updates (1809) Offline: Hi, I am in an environment that was an air gapped computer. I need to update this system to the latest Windows Version, so from 1803 to 1809. I have access to another machine that has internet access. What is the easiest way to get the fall updates of windows, and future...
  10. windows 10 update offline

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 update offline: I have several pcs running on windows 10 Are there any why to have all the update for the windows 10 on usb to update it offline on several pcs? 66638

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 offline update

2. windows update 1809 download offline

3. 1809 offline installer

4. windows 1809 offline installer,
  5. windows 10 1809 offline installer,
  6. windows feature update 1809 offline,
  7. windows 1809 offline update,
  8. windows 10 1809 update offline installer,
  9. offline upgrade windows 10 1809,
  10. feature update to windows 10 version 1809 offline,
  11. windows feature update 1809 redistributable,