Windows 10: Offline wifi printer

Discus and support Offline wifi printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apologies for being thick & old! … after a while my Epson printer, connected by wifi, goes offline if not in use. To get it back 'online' is a right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ardtalla, May 3, 2020.

1. Ardtalla Win User

Offline wifi printer

Apologies for being thick & old!

… after a while my Epson printer, connected by wifi, goes offline if not in use.

To get it back 'online' is a right pfaff, switching it off, connecting back to wifi, fighting with settings to get it to print again.

Please - there MUST be a faster way of getting a connected default printer to be back 'online' to enable its use. Someone please enlighten one the aged!

Thanks in advance guys.

:)

Ardtalla, May 3, 2020

2. Canon printer wifi trouble

Set a static IP on the printer else each time it switches off and on may get different ip which may not function correctly
    Try
    Delete the Printer after setting static ip

Devices and printer
    >add printer
    >>Add local printer (not network even though on wifi)
    >>>Create new port - click standard Tcp/Ip
    >>>>enter ip address of printer that set before and any port name
    Select the printer driver from list

Try a test print to see if working then switch off and on and see if come back online

*66725-afb6e8cc8e67e4bb805a02c99165c983.jpg*

*66726-229a91b0c79f6b4bc0c7c78a49560e3f.jpg*
    *66727-318c2547253e90800c3d464fca382dbe.jpg*

If still stays offline ,Open printer in Devices and printer
    Click printer
    untick use offline
    turn printer off and On
    *66728-2b757782bdfeb90ce43b66b06f017701.jpg*

See if comes back online

Network Printer can either be set by Ip address or Printer network name
    Static ip always the best to set

SnakeDoctor, May 3, 2020
  3. Canon printer wifi trouble

Hey,

I installed my canon pixma mg3210 with the newest driver and I choose wifi connection.

Eveyrthing works fine until I turn off the printer then my laptop doesn't detect the printer anymore.
    Basically, the printer is offline.

DarkWhisper, May 3, 2020
  4. RoboX Win User

Offline wifi printer

Wi-fi printer goes Offline

I have an Epson SX420W wifi connected to a router Belkin 54g. The network consists of a desktop PC and a notebook with Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, and a notebook with windows 7, all connected wirelessly to the router and all with the latest epson drivers installed. The printer connects to the router is successful, as well as the network test from the panel of the printer. Installing the printer on the various devices was successful, as well as various proofs. The problem is that sometimes the printer is detected by the devices on the network like "offline", even though it is turned on, properly connected, as the test outcome. What happens for no apparent reason, in some cases it works perfectly while in others it is offline.
    Do you know what can depend on and how to fix?

RoboX, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Offline wifi printer

1. Offline wifi printer - Similar Threads - Offline wifi printer

2. Printer offline Wifi not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer offline Wifi not showing: This is a bit of a headscratcher for me - my office desktop Dell Optiplex 7010 has been set up for nearly a year and it was smooth sailing to this point. After I came back from lunch today it couldn't find our wifi network anymore. It does pick up all the others around us...
  3. Printer offline

Printer offline: I bought a new printer, identical to my old one, a Canon Pixma MG3650S. It will only work with the cable plugged in, not wirelessly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/e993db45-4741-4fd9-9134-7ea6c8172e6f
  4. PRINTER OFFLINE

PRINTER OFFLINE: I can't seem to change the status of my printer to online Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/7b20d0fe-7e97-4999-a0f2-7503a48bfbab
  5. offline printer

offline printer: How do I get rid of offline printer error? Using Windows 10 JAP and HP Coloe Laser JEt CP2025 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-printer/d48ea916-f95d-4a19-a8a9-47e3e5e886f0
  6. wifi printer and wifi scanner offline

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi printer and wifi scanner offline: I keep experiencing the same issue with my hp wifi printer and my brother wifi scanner. The seem to go offline when not used for bit. Is this a common windows 10 issue? How do I set them not to go into some sleep mode?...
  7. Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected

Printer says Offline, but Wifi says connected: Hey! When I try to print a document, it says that my HP Envy Photo 7155 printer is offline. I have used the HP wizard thing, it didn't work. I followed the instructions that the hp virtual assistant gave me, didn't work. I tried deleting all the printer software and then...
  8. Printer "Offline"

Printer "Offline": Trying to print but printer queue shows printer "offline". Why can't I connect?? Help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline/eef61e54-f4e7-47cb-abc8-4fe7a980a178
  9. Printer offline

Printer offline: Printer is offline and I can't get it back online. Went to settings and printer, and selected print offline. It didn't change to online. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-offline/1a7645c6-c5cd-4e1c-a484-ccc2231dabf8
  10. printer offline

printer offline: 1. how do I make my printer online w windows 10?? usb plugged in and wont print. 2. I want wireless but was on hours last night w no luck. please help tutorial for 5...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get printer back online windows 10