Windows 10: Offline windows deployments

Discus and support Offline windows deployments in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows Deployment toolkit, and am wanting to see if its possible to somehow "skip" this step see attached and have the image either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jaydan T Harvey, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Offline windows deployments

Hello, I am using Windows Deployment toolkit, and am wanting to see if its possible to somehow "skip" this step see attached and have the image either part of the ISO in some form, so it doesnt ask me for credentials to the network share to access the .wim file I am wanting to do this so i can do offline/off-site windows deployments. I accidently deleted the original text for this question, and its been a long day and i dont want to have to re-type, so i didnt include everything. If you want more info just let me know and i can happily provide :

:)

Jaydan T Harvey, Mar 25, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Customised Windows 10 deployment on multiple desktops and laptops.

OK, after giving this a thought and thinking how I would do it, here's my suggestion. Please notice that, as I said, this is how I would do it. Other geeks might disagree with parts or all of it.

I tested this scenario using one Hyper-V VM as technician machine (the one to build image) and three virtual machines to test simultaneous deployment in two scenarios:
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine and using DISM to apply / deploy image from a network share
    • Capturing install.wim from technician machine, making ISO from it, deploying by clean installing from ISO burned to Flash drive
    Based on the fact that ISO method is clearly faster and simpler, it is what I suggest to you. I estimate you would need an hour and half to two hours to customize install image, capture it and make an ISO, then assuming you would make 5 Flash drives for install / deployment you would need about half an hour per five machines, in other words you would deploy to those 25 new machines in less than three hours, almost a full working day to deploy those 50 existing ones.

Two working days, day 1 to make the image and deploy to new machines, day 2 to deploy to old ones.

Chronological workflow based on my suggestion:

Phase 1, Image customization tutorial, parts One through Six:
    • Install Windows 10 on a technician machine (I recommend Hyper-V VM but any capable PC is OK)
    • Boot to Audit Mode
    • Update Windows, install software, customize & personalize Windows
    • Sysprep
    Phase 2:
    • Capture the install.wim from technician machine as told in this tutorial, Part Four steps 4.1 through 4.5 (physical PC as technician machine) or Part Four steps 4.6 through 4.13 (Hyper-V VM as technician machine)
    • Create ISO as told in same tutorial, Part Five
    • Burn / write ISO to as many Flash drives as you want to / need to for simultaneous installs
    • Boot production machines from Flash drive, install Windows 10
    The above is how I would do this. If you choose the DISM method instead, applying install.wim from a network share, see this Microsoft support article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../hh824910.aspx

For more advanced deployment using MDT see this article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/.../dn475741.aspx

3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Offline windows deployments NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-enables-offline-play-for-windows-10-games/

P4-630, Mar 25, 2022
  4. meebers Win User

Offline windows deployments

RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Mar 25, 2022
Thema:

Offline windows deployments

1. Offline windows deployments - Similar Threads - Offline deployments

2. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc: Hello,I am using a windows 10 laptop and I am trying to a clean windows offline scan from a dvd burnt from a nother laptop.I choose this instead of running windows offline from the windows security center because I want it to be a completely clean scan.I downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender offline dvd doesn't run on a windows 10 pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm a Third-year university student frequently needing to calculate my grades. Normally, I rely on online grade calculator resources, but I'm searching for a more convenient offline option.Is there any software or application within Windows 10 that specifically...
  6. Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10

Looking for an Offline Grade Calculator Tool for Windows 10: Hello everyone,I'm a Third-year university student frequently needing to calculate my grades. Normally, I rely on online grade calculator resources, but I'm searching for a more convenient offline option.Is there any software or application within Windows 10 that specifically...
  7. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  8. Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home

Can't enable Offline Files on Windows 11 Home: I am just setting up my first Windows 11 Home computer and am struggling to get Offline files working.I have mapped a network drive as the the S drive, but the Always Available option is missing when I right-click it.I've gone into Symc Center but when I click 'Manage offline...
  9. Offline windows deployments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline windows deployments: Hello, I am using Windows Deployment toolkit, and am wanting to see if its possible to somehow "skip" this step see attached and have the image either part of the ISO in some form, so it doesnt ask me for credentials to the network share to access the .wim file I am wanting...
  10. Download of windows language app files for offline deployment (Handwrite and Text-To_Speech)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Download of windows language app files for offline deployment (Handwrite and Text-To_Speech): Hi, I have a download issue in windows 10 i need help with, or to find out if the option is possible at all. I need to install a language in windows, and to download the language app segments, “Handwrite” and “Speech” especially, because I need to be able to get...