Windows 10: Often Bluescreens, no clue why.

Discus and support Often Bluescreens, no clue why. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having many blue screens recently when playing games and I don't know why. Windows Memory Diagnostic tells me I'm fine, memtest86 says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarkFoerster, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Often Bluescreens, no clue why.

Hello, I've been having many blue screens recently when playing games and I don't know why. Windows Memory Diagnostic tells me I'm fine, memtest86 says I'm fine, performance monitor says my computer passes. I've looked at my drivers many times and it says I'm up to date, I'm on the newest version of Windows 10. Below is the "WhoCrashed" results. Computer SpecsOften Bluescreens, no clue why. :processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz16GB Ram 4 x 4GBMotherboard: ASRock, B450 Pro4Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 1080Harddrive: Toshiba HDWD120SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GBCrash dumps are enabled on your co

:)

MarkFoerster, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Ian Ser Win User

bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jul 8, 2021
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 8, 2021
  4. Jet_MM Win User

Often Bluescreens, no clue why.

Bluescreens, on top of bluescreens.

When I built my PC back in 2016, I began to blue screen not short afterwards. I thought it would solve itself, but no. It crashes at random times of the day, and has no correlation with what I am doing. I could be staring at my desktop and my PC would bluescreen.
    My temperatures are fine when gaming, and overclocking had nothing to do with it considering that it bluescreened before I overclocked. I'm stuck and really have no clue as to what I should do next, considering I've looked at registry errors, driver issues,
    updates, etc.

If I need to post anything like specs or windows logs, let me know. From memory I know a few bluescreens I got were:

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

From memory I believe a few filetypes that the bluescreen listed were:

tcpip.sys

usbaudio.sys

fltmgr.sys

If anyone has any insight to this, it would be much appreciated.

Jet_MM, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

Often Bluescreens, no clue why.

1. Often Bluescreens, no clue why. - Similar Threads - Often Bluescreens clue

2. PC Often Bluescreens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Often Bluescreens: When playing games on my pc, at some point I will eventually blue screen. I receive an error message and look up solutions, most of which point to a graphics driver issue. When updating my drivers using both the nvidia website or the geforce experience app, I bluescren again...
  3. PC Often Bluescreens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Often Bluescreens: When playing games on my pc, at some point I will eventually blue screen. I receive an error message and look up solutions, most of which point to a graphics driver issue. When updating my drivers using both the nvidia website or the geforce experience app, I bluescren again...
  4. PC Often Bluescreens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bluescreen Error Often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen Error Often: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000012, 0xffffc3810fe02140, 0xffffc3812b4d3000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 57bbbb70-b0f5-4107-a37f-b6ed135151c0WHAT THE ROOT CAUSE...
  6. Bluescreen Error Often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen Error Often: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000013a 0x0000000000000012, 0xffffc3810fe02140, 0xffffc3812b4d3000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 57bbbb70-b0f5-4107-a37f-b6ed135151c0WHAT THE ROOT CAUSE...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bluescreen very often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Bluescreen very often: My system started crashing very often nowadays. It happens randomly the screen freezes for 1 second than it gives bluescreen with code of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. These crashes started 2 weeks ago. I didn't change any settings or downloaded a new app. It happens when idle on...
  8. Often BlueScreen on my PC

Often BlueScreen on my PC: I've read a lot of articles about this issue, but non of them were able to solute my problem.Firma del problemaNombre de evento de problema: BlueScreenCódigo: aParámetro 1: f49Parámetro 2: 9Parámetro 3: 1Parámetro 4: fffff80470668f42Versión de SO: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  9. Laptop Bluescreening more often

Laptop Bluescreening more often: Hello,My laptop has been blue screening quite often, and I can't see to get to its route. I have uploaded the dump file.I can't really think of what hardware may be causing the issue. Last year, I disabled a wifi card that was crashing the computer before and replaced the...
  10. Laptop Bluescreening more often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Bluescreening more often: Hello,My laptop has been blue screening quite often, and I can't see to get to its route. I have uploaded the dump file.I can't really think of what hardware may be causing the issue. Last year, I disabled a wifi card that was crashing the computer before and replaced the...