Windows 10: OGG files not playing in groove music

Discus and support OGG files not playing in groove music in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary Yong, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Gary Yong Win User

OGG files not playing in groove music

hello :so i was trying to listen to a game's songs from the files and they are all .ogg filesand when i open them in groove music it shows me an error code 0xc00d36c4 with a message saying the file type is unsupported even though it used to work beforeand yes i have checked that all the files are .ogg filesplease help :

:)

Gary Yong, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Josipa Win User

Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 8, 2021
  4. geotso Win User

groove music doesn't play mp3 files

When I double click a playlist file (.wpl) in File explorer, Groove music opens and starts playing the songs in the list (mp3 files). However, when I double click any mp3 file in File explorer, Groove music opens but it doesn't play the song.

Is this by design, or what?

geotso, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. OGG files not playing in groove music - Similar Threads - OGG files playing

2. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  3. Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is "recent plays" in Groove Music working?: Im not seeing my recent plays from the otherday. I have lots of randomly named mp3's so this feature is very helpful when it works - any sort of history....
  4. No audio will play without Groove Music

No audio will play without Groove Music: No audio will play from the computer speakers from any application unless a track is also playing in Groove Music. One I start a track in groove music audio from any other application will suddenly play. Once the audio is going I can turn off groove music and the audio will...
  5. Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0

Groove Music can't play OGG / .ogg files Error Code 0xc00db3b0: When trying to play OGG / .ogg files in Groove Music, the audio plays for a second or two, and then it comes up with a message saying it can't play the OGG file. It shows up with the error code 0xc00db3b0. I was not able to find any information about this error code. Could...
  6. ogg file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  7. FLAC files and Groove Music

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FLAC files and Groove Music: Hi! A few days ago I installed the 2004 update, and I have problems with FLAC files and its metadata; Groove Music created an "Unknown Album" album with many songs wich metadata is correct, but when I went to my music folder this files didn't have, apparently, metadata, if I...
  8. Groove Music.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music.: The album display looks really blury/low quality, the cover arts look so bad in the main groove page, when I click on the album and open it, it's good again. Any idea what's going on here ? submitted by /u/Yosefalii [link] [comments]...
  9. Groove Music is not playing, Nor Syncing OneDrive Music files

Groove Music is not playing, Nor Syncing OneDrive Music files: Groove music all of a sudden stopped playing music yesterday that i have stored in the Music Folder of my OneDrive. So i used Powershell to uninstall Groove Music from my laptop, then reinstalled from the Microsoft Store on Windows 10, and now the OneDrive music won't even...
  10. Groove Music. Play All/Play Once

Groove Music. Play All/Play Once: How do I switch between these options? New to GM and it insists on playing all. Pop says "Play All" but no indication as to how to switch to play once. To the point and simple please; Thanks, Don...