Windows 10: Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

Discus and support Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jimbo45, Feb 15, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

Hi there
    Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!!

Nothing wrong with playing things like spider solitaire --great at boring meetings etc but shouldn't this stuff be better left to standard Windows on users own laptops.

(You can of course use W2K19 server as a desktop - but in that case it should be up to you to choose what to install - as I've added some apps myself in the screenshot below. I certainly didn't want the Ms games !!!).

Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19) [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 15, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!!

Nothing wrong with playing things like spider solitaire --great at boring meetings etc but shouldn't this stuff be better left to standard Windows on users own laptops.

(You can of course use W2K19 server as a desktop - but in that case it should be up to you to choose what to install - as I've added some apps myself in the screenshot below. I certainly didn't want the Ms games !!!).

Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19) [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 15, 2021
  3. swarfega Win User

Indeed, shouldnt be playing games on a server Jim!

swarfega, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Is MS reconciling with the PC Gaming Community?

What !?? Games For Windows didn't prove to you that MS was serious about PC gaming? /sarc

Actions speak louder than words. So step up to the plate, Microsoft, or STFU.

Kreij, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19) - Similar Threads - dear whats point

2. what is ms .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is ms .: my windows says .this copy of win in nnot genuine so plese repeair my win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-ms/f17cd1eb-03c2-402f-8aaf-e328caea4101
  3. what is ms .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is ms .: my windows says .this copy of win in nnot genuine so plese repeair my win https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-ms/f17cd1eb-03c2-402f-8aaf-e328caea4101
  4. What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server: For this case my FortiGate Firewall policy is not allow the Server to access internet.Blocked by firewall policy What Port number and Server address of MS activation server to set the FortiGate Firewall policy to allow the connection when I need to activate MS Windows...
  5. What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is Port number and Server address of MS activation server: For this case my FortiGate Firewall policy is not allow the Server to access internet.Blocked by firewall policy What Port number and Server address of MS activation server to set the FortiGate Firewall policy to allow the connection when I need to activate MS Windows...
  6. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Support
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  7. MS Games. MS Solitaire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Games. MS Solitaire: I want the ads to stop. I paid the required fee, and yet the continue. So I want my money back and I'll just dump the game. Do I need to turn something on, off? do I need to uninstall and reinstall the game? There is no hints as what to do....
  8. Dear MS, my ears wtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dear MS, my ears wtf: If I am 1) Connecting bluetooth headphones to this up to date Win10 PC 2) And having to troubleshoot them for any reason, leading to 3) Settings -> Sounds -> Device -> (Right Click) Test (To make sure they're working. After the troubleshooting). Then here's what happens....
  9. Oh Dear Ms - You've really hosed Network explorer big time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Oh Dear Ms - You've really hosed Network explorer big time: Hi there. Not sure what's happened here but Network in File explorer seems to be hosed up BIG time after latest update (Retail branch 1511 W10 X64 PRO) 3 Different computers - shows as two with the same name when there should be 3 as per the side panel. Ms please...
  10. Does Ms understand what SERVERS are

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Ms understand what SERVERS are: Hi there Playing around with Ms 2016 SERVER What on earth is Ms playing at -- there's no minimal GUI on basic version but on the "GUI" versions why are there rediculous features such as XBOX, ONLINE, Airplane mode, Blue tooth etc --IT's A SERVER for goodness sake...