Windows 10: Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac)

Discus and support Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there Got PERFECT Wifi on 801.11AC router and receiver -- Windows shows though No Internet connection --even though it's perfect. Using 5GHZ... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimbo45, Feb 8, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac)

Hi there

Got PERFECT Wifi on 801.11AC router and receiver -- Windows shows though No Internet connection --even though it's perfect.

Using 5GHZ channel too.

Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac) [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 8, 2016

2. Oh Dear.....

Just checked the Nokia online store.

The N97-mini now states" Tentative shipping-November 2009"

I would suggest that this is when we can expect the V.20 release, as i believe that this is the platform, that this device, is meant to launch with.

Why did Nokia showcase this phone, and "That Software" as an October release?

Come on Nokia, come clean!!

Why herald a product, and platform, that was not ready?

mattseymour---01, Feb 8, 2016
  3. ravidavi Win User
    Oh Dear.....

Agreed. All the 5800 users are waiting for the N97's v20 firmware to come out, so that we can start wishing (probably in vain) for an update for our suddenly-obsolete-yet-still-top-selling 5800's.

Besides, releasing buggy software to meet an arbitrary deadline is what Nokia created the Beta Labs for.

Ravi

ravidavi, Feb 8, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Yeah, I get this too. Quite often I get no connection over WiFi, despite WiFi working fine on all other devices.

Back in November I posted HERE about uninstalling the WiFi Network Adapter and then letting Windows re-install it, however that only temporarily solved the problem and unfortunately the problem came back again. It's solely a Windows 10 WiFi problem as numerous other devices have no problem, but I don't know how to fix it. I can only assume it's some sort of power saving thing that isn't working properly.

EDIT: Here you go. I can literally make it happen on demand. And yet I'm posting this from another computer on the exact same network that apparently has 'No Internet'. *Mad

Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac) [​IMG]

ARC1020, Feb 8, 2016
  5. brummyfan Win User
    brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Oh dear W10 Wifi -- please STOP telling BIG FIBS !!!! (802.11ac) - Similar Threads - dear W10 Wifi

2. OH MY GOD STOP WITH THE ADS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OH MY GOD STOP WITH THE ADS: THE AD FOR STOP RANSOMWARE/VIRUSES THAT POPS UP ON MY SCREEN RANDOMY THROUGHOUT THE DAY IS SO ANNOYING IT HAPPENS EVERY 2-5 MINUTES WHILE I AM PLAYING A GAME OR CODING AND YOU CAN ONLY CLOSE IT OUT BY CLICKING ON IT THEN CLICKING THE X. THESE ADS HAVE MADE ME SO UNBELIVABLY...
  3. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  4. Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19)

in Windows 10 Support
    Oh dear Ms whats the point of Ms Games on a SERVER !! (W2K19): Hi there Ok you can add desktop experience to W2K19 server but I really don't see why games should be added automatically on to a professional server -- perhaps the servers at Ms are these days busy because people playing Spider solitaire on them !!! Nothing wrong with...
  5. Oh no!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oh no!: I was using Chrome when I opened a new tab. I went to a website and the whole window went BLAMMO! I clicked some things and it become worse. Was it a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oh-no/cd13444d-56fe-4f89-b8e5-43c9b066017e
  6. Dear W10, I hate you.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dear W10, I hate you.: Hi. So W10 has murdered two laptops in a row of mine. Unfortunately I spent almost $1000 on my most recent laptop which, you guessed it, crashed within a month after it's 1 year warranty. Both times they began having significant problems after an "update." The older one...
  7. Oh no....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oh no....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/murdered800times [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e8236g/oh_no/
  8. W10 Unatttended sleep timer a BIG BIG BIG defect

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Unatttended sleep timer a BIG BIG BIG defect: The Windows Unattended Sleep timer does not work and never has. It should sleep the machine if and ONLY if it was a wakened from an unattended mode such as wake on LAN. Instead, it acts as though it is the regular sleep timer turning the machine off 2 minutes after I wake...
  9. Oh Dear Ms - You've really hosed Network explorer big time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Oh Dear Ms - You've really hosed Network explorer big time: Hi there. Not sure what's happened here but Network in File explorer seems to be hosed up BIG time after latest update (Retail branch 1511 W10 X64 PRO) 3 Different computers - shows as two with the same name when there should be 3 as per the side panel. Ms please...
  10. W10 big problem

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 big problem: Hello, i have a problem with my computer after installing w10 in games totaly random i get a 0.5s freeze or when i watch movies the video gets blurry/grey for 1sec(still working and playing). 13807