Windows 10: Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

Discus and support Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to punch the idiot in Microsoft that made this decision. Because, this is not being secure, this is being incredibly infuriating. I'm so fed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Infyrin, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Infyrin Win User

Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

I want to punch the idiot in Microsoft that made this decision. Because, this is not being secure, this is being incredibly infuriating. I'm so fed up with this age of accounts where there are many extreme experiments being performed in what way can we make someone "feel secure" over their account. This is probably one of the most stressful ways of doing it.Microsoft didn't think this through at all, either. Like, the scenario of which you can't access that e-mail you've set the security info up with as an alternative. It could be purged, you could forget it's password .etc But Microsoft doesn

:)

Infyrin, Feb 19, 2022
  2. comnuts Win User

Microsoft Account 30 day wait

Hi and thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

Sorry, the 30 days waiting period is standard for security info changes and you will have to wait it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4523658/why-...

Please let me know if I can help you further!

comnuts, Feb 19, 2022
  3. Didn't know updating security info would take 30 days...

Why is my Microsoft account security info change still pending?

Applies to: Microsoft Account

When you remove all your old security info and replace it with something new, your Microsoft account is restricted for 30 days. During that time, we'll send notifications to the phone number or email address that's being removed, in case an attacker is attempting
    to remove your information. We can't expedite this process.

If you didn't make the security changes, or you changed your mind:

Go to Protect your account and sign in.

At the security info change is still pending, select If you didn't request this, let us know.

Or, you changed your mind and want to keep your existing security info, select Cancel this request.

What you can do while changes are pending

If you made the security info changes:

After 30 days, the security information you chose to remove will be deleted.

During this 30-day period, you can still access most Microsoft services, but you won't be able to do things that require a security code, like changing your password, email addresses or manage parental controls online.

You can view, change, or add billing information, and make purchases.

If you have two-step verification enabled:

You won't be able to sign in to your account unless you have the Microsoft

Authenticator app and had previously set it up on this account, or you have access to your old security information. This includes not being able to sign in to other Microsoft services such as Outlook.com or OneDrive.

Paul_Mykel, Feb 19, 2022
  4. Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

30 day wait?

Hi,

I gave my Lumia 920 to my son to use, with the idea that I'll be able to activate Family Safety on the phone as I did on his tablet. I reset the phone and started to enter his Outlook.com credentials for the Microsoft account. But when the verification is
    done, it still wants to send the verification code to my cell number - and not his. I made sure that his SIM card is used, but it insisted to send the verification to my number. When I changed the security info to his number, it said that I'll have to wait
    30 days for the change to take affect.

I understand some of the logic behind the 30 day wait, but for two reasons it's totally impractical in my case:

1. I have control over the phone and accounts, so I should be able to decide what to active and when - not the system.

2. My son can only use the phone when I can monitor his internet access - he now has to wait 30 days before that can happen - total waste!

Thys

ThysMarais, Feb 19, 2022
Thema:

Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

1. Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info - Similar Threads - god Microsoft wait

2. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 day wait for secondary email change.: My laptop failed to start after a Windows update. I was then prompted for a 42 digit recovery key, which I had no idea about. I was advised to sign into my Microsoft account, which I had never used and didn't want. I eventually found my account email but had no idea what the...
  3. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 day wait for secondary email change.: My laptop failed to start after a Windows update. I was then prompted for a 42 digit recovery key, which I had no idea about. I was advised to sign into my Microsoft account, which I had never used and didn't want. I eventually found my account email but had no idea what the...
  4. 30 day wait for secondary email change.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oh my god, this Microsoft 30-day wait window for changing security info: I want to punch the idiot in Microsoft that made this decision. Because, this is not being secure, this is being incredibly infuriating. I'm so fed up with this age of accounts where there are many extreme experiments being performed in what way can we make someone "feel...
  6. How to setup pin during 30 day wait from change of security info

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to setup pin during 30 day wait from change of security info: So today Windows suddenly informs me that” Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device”, and asks me to setup my pin again. To do that, I have to log into my Microsoft account and and enter a text code that’s sent to my phone....
  7. what is the 30 day waiting period to change microsoft account info actually for

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is the 30 day waiting period to change microsoft account info actually for: It is supposed to "deter hackers" but I think there is an ulterior motive here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-30-day-waiting-period-to-change/4724758f-1d06-4e03-99e4-8f375d8bcaa1
  8. can i bypass the 30 day waiting period for changing account info?

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i bypass the 30 day waiting period for changing account info?: It is really annoying and I hate this feature https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-bypass-the-30-day-waiting-period-for/a7f4eeed-8547-4b16-9bc6-a5e86b902274
  9. Microsoft Account 30 day wait

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account 30 day wait: About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and I also can make...
  10. Oh My God !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Oh My God !: Will resetting my pc help me to sign into my Microsoft account as it is showing the error that "Windows can't sign into your account" and signs me in with a temporary user profile? submitted by /u/Deepansh14 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook security info pending