Windows 10: ok loading backup from w7 to w10

Discus and support ok loading backup from w7 to w10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi i saved bookmarks and passwords from w 7 to a external drive. now i am trying to put them into new puter with w10 help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by humbug power, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ok loading backup from w7 to w10

hi i saved bookmarks and passwords from w 7 to a external drive. now i am trying to put them into new puter with w10 help

:)

humbug power, Jul 4, 2019

2. Network driver 'lost' on upgrade from W7 to W10

Just unpacked a new PC (HP Workstation) with W7. Installed OK and everything worked, without issue. Got W7 updates, loaded Office 2016 etc. etc... Then I ticked the box for 'upgrade to W10.

A little over two hours later I had W10. Except....

It seems to have lost the drivers for the Network device. And the only solution it could come up with is to (guess what) connect to the Internet.

It's a tower (so no WiFi).

Anyone got any suggestions?

StephenMatthewsCY, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Czander Win User
    Over a Month with W10 and Want to Return to W7!

BullDog,

I am willing to factory reset (Step 2), I just need to back up all my data. I made a backup of my data before I upgraded to W10, could that backup be used to restore W7?

Thanks you very much!

-Cz

Czander, Jul 4, 2019
  4. ok loading backup from w7 to w10

W7 or W10

Hi everyone,

I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags
    in games and in other type of usage. Now I would like to get back to W7 my pc. How can I do it? Obviously I am over the 10 days since upgrade. I, also, do not want to lose my works, software. Any suggestion? Should I buy a new HDD with W7?

LaszloChromicsek, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

ok loading backup from w7 to w10

1. ok loading backup from w7 to w10 - Similar Threads - loading backup w10

2. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  3. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 from W7: Cant seem to get W10 to install. it loads up perfectly fine, up until blue screen. then it just... stops. the pop up i get says ''Windows 10 installation has failed.'' ive tried everything the internet has to offer and nothing works. help me out here......
  4. W10 from W7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.

Using W10 to restore from a W7 backup disk.: I am not able to restore file from my W7 backup disk using W10 backup/restore. I have seen that Microsoft-staff claims that the old W7 backup is incuded in W10, but where? Is ther anyone who have a soloution?...
  6. Teracopy doesnt always copy images in W10, W7 OK??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teracopy doesnt always copy images in W10, W7 OK??: Hi, Hope I'm in the right forum. Teracopy is software but it may not meet the forum's definition of software. Teracopy doesn't always copy all of images in W10, W7 OK?? Many are missing. I'm running W10 on an ASUS Gaming laptop. Business not games. I have a lot GB's of...
  7. Upgrading from W7 to W10

Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  8. W7 or W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W7 or W10: Hi everyone, I have got W10 for a while. Now I have upgraded my PC. But, Lots of part of the motherboard / sound, graphic / can't work properly, because their drivers were writing for W7. Under W10 they just work on basic level. The issue about the compatibility makes lags...
  9. Return from W10 to W7

Return from W10 to W7: Is there anyway I can replace W10 with W7.This small notebook I purchased came with W8 installed and I then took the free upgrade to W10 but however hard I try W10 is not for me. 27444
  10. Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10

Cannot upgrade from W7 to W10: Having a nightmare trying to do this. The PC has an SSD with C: and D: on. C: has Windows and programs that don't offer a choice of where to install, D: has my Lightroom Catalogue and programs which offer a choice. C: has 25.4 of 94.6 GN free, D: has 4.57 of 17GB free. It...