Windows 10: Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?

Discus and support Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I got windows photo viewer going via the registry hacks (way to go microsoft) but now its gone again in settings "Choose default apps by file type"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aaroncross54627854, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?

Hi
    I got windows photo viewer going via the registry hacks (way to go microsoft) but now its gone again
    in settings "Choose default apps by file type" I can right click and see WPV as an option (for jpg but not jpeg) but if I select it it bounces back to the stupid Photos app.
    If I look for WPV anywhere in my computer I cant find it, despite using it days ago...
    Have done no updates...
    WHere is it and why the f cant we just have it accessible???

:)

aaroncross54627854, Nov 11, 2018
  2. BunnyJ Win User

Is Windows Photo Viewer gone?

I'm using 10240 and I can use photo viewer..
    Using photo viewer here:

Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 11, 2018
  3. bobjoe Win User

Bunny, are you on the latest build?

All I see is this:

bobjoe, Nov 11, 2018
  4. bobjoe Win User

Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?

All right.. I just did a reset, and same issue!

bobjoe, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...?

1. Ok Now where has windows photo viewer gone...? - Similar Threads - where has photo

2. Where the 3D effect in Windows Photos has gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where the 3D effect in Windows Photos has gone?: I am using Windows Photos since long time but after recent update, I can't get all 3D effects for Video editing. Earlier it used to be over 20 3D effects, but now there are only three. Can someone suggest how to get them back?...
  3. I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone

I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone: So I followed Brink's tutorial to get it back again and no matter what I do I can't get it back. any suggestions would be very welcomed The one I am looking for is this one, I also included my windows version 179374
  4. I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone

in Windows 10 Support
    I got the old windows photos viewer back but now it's gone: So I followed Brink's tutorial to get it back again and no matter what I do I can't get it back. any suggestions would be very welcomed The one I am looking for is this one, I also included my windows version 179374
  5. Where has the transparency gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where has the transparency gone ?: I'm sure the Start Menu and even the Windows+V clipboard were transparents before, but they aren't anymore since today. The taskbar is still transparent but the opacity is too low, it was a little blurry before. I found this tutorial but I doesn't work :...
  6. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  7. Where has the space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has the space gone?: Hi. I have a standard Dell Inspiron 3780 with 128gb SSD. I had been keeping the SSD around 50% used, which suited me fine. I checked the properties on the C: drive, and to my surprise it was at 83gb, way up from the 50gb it had been running. Alarmed, I fired up WinDirStat. It...
  8. No Windows photo viewer now, gone in Windows 10!

No Windows photo viewer now, gone in Windows 10!: You have chosen to abandon Windows Photo Viewer an easy to use, quick loading way to scan an entire folder of photos and not made it available to any users, especially those who purchased a new machine with Windows 10 installed and no hopes of uncovering the old program in...
  9. Microsoft Photos’ viewer now has a light theme on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Photos’ viewer now has a light theme on Windows 10: Microsoft Photos, free photo viewer and editor included in Windows 10 is getting a new update with one noticeable change. This update brings a white background to the photos viewer if the app is set to use the light theme. Previously, the photos viewer in the app used dark...
  10. Is Windows Photo Viewer gone?

Is Windows Photo Viewer gone?: I noticed a few builds ago (maybe 10162) that you could no longer set Windows Photo Viewer as the default picture opener. Now, it seems that MS is forcing you to use the Photos "app" instead. Is anyone else getting this issue? 8930