Windows 10: Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default.

Discus and support Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/retarded-Username [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/retarded-Username, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default.

/u/retarded-Username, Aug 10, 2020
  2. AmitWF Win User

VT x is not available in BIOS

Hi,

I am working on Intel Pentium Dual Core T4500, having windows 10 OS. I am trying to run a Windows 7 virtual machine using VMware workstation player 12 but it shows Intel VT-x is disabled in BIOS, but in BIOS I don't see this option
    at all. I have searched on intel site that this particular model T4500 doesn't support VT-x. Is there any turn around. If I use Virtualbox will that solve my problem.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

AmitWF, Aug 10, 2020
  3. hieurock Win User
    Intel VT-x Enable?

I am unable to find anything with Intel Virtual Technology anywhere in the BIOS. I guess the only step is to update my BIOS, but I heard that is very risky. Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x?

I have access to my graphics settings but I don't know if that will help.
    Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default. [​IMG]

hieurock, Aug 10, 2020
  4. n8te Win User

Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default.

VT-x is not available, but is enabled in BIOS

There are three common culprits for the type of error the user is seeing:

• VT-x is not enabled in the BIOS
    • The CPU doesn't support VT-x
    • Hyper-V virtualization is enabled in Windows

Since the user already eliminated the first two possible culprits, the next step is to open a command prompt as administrator and run the following command:

Afterwards, reboot the PC and try VirtualBox again.

Thema:

Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default.

1. Ok, so I’m trying to disable my VT-x and Lenovo has it set on locked by default. - Similar Threads - I’m trying disable

2. Vt-x Gets disabled after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vt-x Gets disabled after shutdown: Hi,Whenever I Enable Vt-x on my laptop it will get enabled, but after shutdown it gets disabled on it's own I Have Hp Laptop with i7-4510U processor**Moved from Surface category**...
  3. Is windows 11 Home disable VT-x when WSL2 is enabled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is windows 11 Home disable VT-x when WSL2 is enabled?: Core I7-11370HVirtualization ENABLED is BOIS.So... Checked with HWINFO and Intel® Processor Identification Utility.These utilities shows that VT-x is not supported when "Windows Hypervisor Platform" and "Virtual Machine Platform" are enabled.After I disabled these features,...
  4. i can't enable VT-X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't enable VT-X: Hello. I'd like to know how to turn on Intel VT-X on my computer. HP Compaq 6300 Pro SFFWhich causes me to not running a virtual box. My OS : Windows 10 Pro. Virtual Box OS : Tiny 10.My BIOS are Aptio Setup Utility Version ???? .Thanks in advance!...
  5. VT-X wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VT-X wont work: ive checked my bios and this only happened after a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vt-x-wont-work/74120cab-ccc3-49db-87ce-273d43ab22b4
  6. VT-X wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VT-X wont work: ive checked my bios and this only happened after a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vt-x-wont-work/74120cab-ccc3-49db-87ce-273d43ab22b4
  7. VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)

in Windows 10 News
    VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX): [ATTACH]If you get VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) error while starting a virtual machine using VirtualBox, then the following solutions will help you resolve the issue. It is pretty common when you disable the virtualization or VT-x before using the VirtualBox...
  8. VT-x and Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    VT-x and Windows Hello: I need help with two things. i I have enabled vt-x in my computer through bios but my vr machine is not running in VirtualBox. Any idea why ? ii My Windows Hello Face is saying --- " We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello". My laptop's camera is working...
  9. Vt-x

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vt-x: Will my system be damaged if i enable vt-x in bios. I have a Windows 10 pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vt-x/3dfd3649-5bf1-4d21-99c3-133ca8913135
  10. Intel VT-x Enable?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Intel VT-x Enable?: I need to enable Intel VT-x in order to run VMWare on my laptop. I cannot find where to enable it in my BIOS and I was wondering if there is any alternate way I can turn it on. I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad W540 and it is running on Windows 10. [img] 34765