Windows 10: OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from...

Discus and support OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pray, tell me. The screen is dead black - enlighten me as to how I do anything when a hard boot gives nothing. Removing the battery and restarting does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElizabethS.1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from...

Pray, tell me. The screen is dead black - enlighten me as to how I do anything when a hard boot gives nothing. Removing the battery and restarting does nothing. Trying to reboot in safe mode does NOTHING!!!! I hate your stupid updates, they ALWAYS cause issues. I never asked for it, it just decided to kick me out of what I was doing and now my laptop is DEAD! THANKS- thanks so flipping much for all your super duper updates from your genius staff!!!

:)

ElizabethS.1, Aug 10, 2020

2. Black Screen During Driver Update OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from... :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 10, 2020
  3. How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Aug 10, 2020
  4. OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from...

Windows 10 update obliterating keyboard/mouse drivers?

Hello Josh,

We know it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the keyboard/mouse?
    • Which Windows updated is causing this issue? Share the KB number.
    I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps
    and run the troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

4. Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

5. Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)

6. Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the drivers.

Please refer the article “How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    by one of the Community Moderator, Andre Da Costa
    to update the drivers.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from...

1. OK, so your driver update obliterated my laptop. How am I supposed to easily reinstall from... - Similar Threads - driver update obliterated

2. How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...: nothing works correctly with windows updates anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-am-i-supposed-to-reinstall-a-driver-when-my/b7baf420-6878-4f70-a7db-bc7ee81ce802
  3. How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to reinstall a driver when my ethernet is down because of windows...: nothing works correctly with windows updates anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-am-i-supposed-to-reinstall-a-driver-when-my/b7baf420-6878-4f70-a7db-bc7ee81ce802
  4. How am I supposed to find updated drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to find updated drivers?: I'm having issues with some of my USB controllers and support articles are suggesting I update my drivers on USBs and the devices connected to my USBs. The latter is easy enough, but the former seems difficult. When I right-click on the Host Controller [intelr usb 3.20...
  5. How am I supposed to find updated drivers?

How am I supposed to find updated drivers?: I'm having issues with some of my USB controllers and support articles are suggesting I update my drivers on USBs and the devices connected to my USBs. The latter is easy enough, but the former seems difficult. When I right-click on the Host Controller [intelr usb 3.20...
  6. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  7. How am I supposed to fix this?

How am I supposed to fix this?: Hi, I have a problem that I’ve tried to fix for 6 hours and nothing works. I turn on my pc and my monitors, keyboard, mouse and microphone don’t turn on, however the pc is running normally with the fans spinning and lights on. How am I supposed to fix this? Much help needed...
  8. How am I supposed to fix this?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How am I suppose to reset my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How am I suppose to reset my PIN?: I am facing a serious problem. When I turn on my laptop it ask my to enter PIN to login. While after I enter it says cannot verify my PIN, which I am sure its correct. It ask my to reset my PIN, and I followed it. Then after I enter my password and verified through email, it...
  10. No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Ethernet port on my laptop. How am I suppose to connect?: Neither of my win 10 laptops have an Ethernet port. How do I connect to the Ethernet cable. I have 1 HDMI, 1 usb 3.0 C and 2 USB 2.0 A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-ethernet-port-on-my-laptop-how-am-i-suppose-to/124d56ae-c8bc-4270-bf40-061287f59219