Windows 10: OK to Remove Duplicate Files?

Discus and support OK to Remove Duplicate Files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used CCleaner to identify duplicate files on my Win10 system. It came up with 100s of them, but what I noticed is each duplicate is in a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ALN, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ALN
    ALN Win User

OK to Remove Duplicate Files?

I used CCleaner to identify duplicate files on my Win10 system. It came up with 100s of them, but what I noticed is each duplicate is in a separate folder - appears in all cases, one of the folders is a sub-folder of the other. Most of the files are .dll, but there are also some .exe and others I don't recognize. See attached for example.

:)

2. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Does the program you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 12, 2019
  3. How to remove duplicate files in Windows 10.

Thank you for the suggestion. I need to see a list of duplicate files and select those I want to eliminate. Do either of the programs you suggested compare file content or do they simply point out duplicate
    file names?

SteveWahlstrom, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Finding duplicate files

Hey hey,

During the years the backups have just accumulated in random places, essentially, and I would like to clean up. Is there a program that can search for duplicate files? And by that I mean identical files. I tried dupeGuru, but that somehow found ... all files to be identical I guess? Like how a bunch of jpg's with different names, sizes and locations being marked 100% identical, or how a bunch of xls-files with completely different everything also were 100% matches with each other. I don't need any fancy functions, just a list of the files that share the name and filesize and created/last write dates.

Frick, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. OK to Remove Duplicate Files? - Similar Threads - Remove Duplicate Files

2. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: to whom it may concern, hi, I would like help in learning how to delete duplicate files in windows 10 on my laptop, I used ccleaner to find them, but they show 2 files with the same names for a lot of files do I check all the boxes. i'm new at this computer stuff. thank...
  3. duplicate files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    duplicate files: how can I remove duplicate songs in the windows media player 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/ad53a697-06dd-424f-83d5-1742cd8915f6
  4. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: I have recently noted that many files with different extensions have bee duplicated and given an extended file extension name including a "~" and 8 letters and/or numbers e.g. *.txt~ABC4DE6F. Can anyone explain this and how I should act. If ther are temporary backups why are...
  5. REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REMOVING DUPLICATE FILES/FOLDERS USING WINDOWS 10: Hi, I'm back. My laptop is running slow at times. It takes a minute to boot up and it'll freeze up at times on a webpage. When I try to close the page it doesn't close immediately. I would have to click the "X" several times but it closes. I know I have duplicate...
  6. Duplicate File Remover won't unlock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate File Remover won't unlock: Downloaded from MS Store, Purchased advanced option, Still shows as LOCKED Am I missing something or is this a fraud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-file-remover-wont-unlock/6e3afe8f-45d2-41c8-8272-667a409e35dd
  7. duplicate files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    duplicate files: how can I get rid of all my duplicate files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-files/d6843f21-9863-40dd-882b-16e0c63a8dca"
  8. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate files: Does MS have a duplicate file finder in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/duplicate-files/53b775ae-6763-44d2-a2ce-72bf5b6fe241
  9. Removing duplicate files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate files: I don't trust free duplicate file finders. Is there a way to find and delete duplicate files easily from a folder in Windows 10 that does not require using another program? 38286
  10. Duplicate files

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate files: In the duplicate files section in CCleaner,I have a file;Shell Manager.dll C/programme files(x86) 1.45mb 9/10/2008 19.16. In total there are 39 exactly the same.I don`t know what a Shell Manager.dll file is,can any be safely deleted? 100903