Windows 10: Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest?

Discus and support Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just recovered to an older clean image of my laptop. The issue is the version of Windows 10 (Home) is a couple years old. Am wondering if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Max828, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Max828 Win User

Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest?

Hi,

Just recovered to an older clean image of my laptop. The issue is the version of Windows 10 (Home) is a couple years old.

Am wondering if it is possible to skip the interim feature updates (eg. 1803, 1809) and just download and install the latest 1903?

Or is it necessary to update to these before updating to the latest?

Thanks

:)

Max828, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Nik Hill Win User

What If I Skip A Windows 10 Feature Update And Update To The Latest Windows Feature Update?

So I will get the skipped Fall Creators update features when I install Redstone 4 right?

Nik Hill, Jun 26, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    What If I Skip A Windows 10 Feature Update And Update To The Latest Windows Feature Update?

That is correct.

JimWynne, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Nik Hill Win User

Suppose if I have Creators update installed and I skip Fall Creators update and installs the Redstone 4 update when it comes, will I get the features that were part of Fall Creators update with the Redstone 4 update?

Nik Hill, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Okay to skip older Feature updates and just install the latest? - Similar Threads - Okay skip older

2. Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it okay to skip a Microsoft update to jump to the next one?: I'm on Windows 10, version 20H1. This laptop was under repair for a couple of months, hence the outdated version. So, I encountered problems updating to 20H2, and I've tried many fixes but none of them worked. Currently, I'm downloading version 21H1 from Windows 10 Upgrade...
  3. Latest feature update is broken

Latest feature update is broken: Somehow the update gives a MAJOR slowdown on older computers. It brings the GPU up to 100% usage, and the same applies to SSD usage. For some reason I've found the problem on my GF's computer that has Razer Game Service that made the computer spike up in usage. Turns out the...
  4. Latest Features Update won't install

Latest Features Update won't install: I keep getting the following message when I try to instal the latest features update the first time I did it my whole laptop was dead and I had to reinstall windows losing all my files!!!! I think it is the 20H2 or something update. There were some problems installing...
  5. Latest Feature update

Latest Feature update: I have noticed for a while that the latest feature update has been available to be to download. I do not want to be too quick off the mark in case there are bugs in it. Is it possible that it will download at some point without my intervention?...
  6. Latest feature update

Latest feature update: Are others having problems getting homepage and other sites to open? At times my PC just freezes. I have uninstalled the new Net Framework 3.5 and 4.8, version 1903 and reinstalled it. I'm still having the same problems. Does anyone have a fix?...
  7. Latest Window feature update installed, slow startup

Latest Window feature update installed, slow startup: Latest Feature update version 1903, installed on my PC 2 days ago. I have an SSD hard drive, start up time was previously about 12 seconds and is now a very slow 90 seconds. Any thoughts please? (Graphics card driver up to date)...
  8. Restart to install the latest windows feature update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart to install the latest windows feature update: Is this legit?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-to-install-the-latest-windows-feature/ba6d7e5f-a775-41f7-bdd8-cd32da438df1
  9. Windows latest feature update.

Windows latest feature update.: So I recently switched over to Widows 10 from 8.1 and now it's updating. Every other updates were installed but the feature update isn't downloading and it's stuck at 0 %. Please help a brother out....
  10. How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?: Is there any way to skip the 1803 Feature update? I heard it is very buggy at the moment. My Windows Updates settings are set to Semi-Annual which is meant to delay any feature updates for most businesses. But I just got it awaiting download just now. Is there a way to just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. skip 1607 to 1803