Windows 10: OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc

Discus and support OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks While Calibre is really great for e-book management and copying to kindles -- OKULAR works brilliantly if you just want to read an EPUB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Jan 2, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc

Hi folks

While Calibre is really great for e-book management and copying to kindles -- OKULAR works brilliantly if you just want to read an EPUB e-book / PDF etc on a tablet / laptop.

If you have a Linux Host or a VM just install OKULAR -- use your package manager to install -- it's 100% Free

OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2021
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular)

Hi folks

those of you using Linux VM's -there's an excellent Free pdf reader (works better than using built in reader in Edge on Windows) called OKULAR. Installs on most Linux distros.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

Hi there

IMO one of the best PDF readers out there is OKULAR - it can handle things like epub (e-book format) etc etc and is far better than either messing around with Adobe or having to use the wretched Ms Word or viewer in Edge.

Okular - well known on Linux (KDE desktop) is available for Windows --but you need a little knowledge to get it to run.

If you've got some time on your hands and want a little challenge well here goes then - these 2 links should start you off.

Okular - more than a reader

https://community.kde.org/Guidelines...source/Windows

Have fun !!!

BTW you can build other KDE apps to run on Windows too !! there's a load of good ones.

@ all geeks --don't get hooked into this stuff - it can be quite addictive.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular)

A simpler time?

Berton, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

1. OKULAR -- as well as PDF reader also handles epub etc - Similar Threads - OKULAR PDF reader

2. Pdf reader with layers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pdf reader with layers: Is there a free PDF reader available in the Microsoft store with the ability to turn on and off layers? I have been checking them all and not having any luck https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-reader-with-layers/72c6765a-8de1-4d69-87f5-0a7aa0c1bd9d
  3. Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular): Hi folks those of you using Linux VM's -there's an excellent Free pdf reader (works better than using built in reader in Edge on Windows) called OKULAR. Installs on most Linux distros. [img] Cheers jimbo 159670
  4. great epub reader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    great epub reader: after edge stop supporting epub files. i couldn't find any app with great minimal ui like edge I tried so much but they all suck. Do you guys have any suggestions? thanks for help submitted by /u/orcunsincap [link] [comments]...
  5. I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge: I tried using Calibre, SumatraPDF, Freda, Kindle, Icecream Ebook reader and EPUBReader extension for Chrome so far. I want to be able to copy text and numbered lists like this one (from an epub reader) and be able to paste them and be similarly structured (pasted to word)....
  6. Default epub reader question

Default epub reader question: I have Edge as the default app to open and read epub files. I have an epub reader program installed on my machine but the software will not allow me to change my default from Edge to Calibri Epub Reader; it simply tells me to search for an app at the MS store. I don't need...
  7. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Ok so my English textbooks are pdfs. usually I would use Adobe Acrobat Reader, but one of the textbooks is 500+ pages long, and its sooo slow! ive tried edge, chrome, etc, but none of them work because its simply too big! Should I print it?...
  8. PDF Reader

PDF Reader: Looking for a simple pdf reader nothing complicated. I just want it for reading pdf. windows 10 home. simple question I hope. Thank You. David. 124877
  9. For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler

For Geeks with Time !! OKULAR on Windows good PDF handler: Hi there IMO one of the best PDF readers out there is OKULAR - it can handle things like epub (e-book format) etc etc and is far better than either messing around with Adobe or having to use the wretched Ms Word or viewer in Edge. Okular - well known on Linux (KDE...
  10. Lost PDF reader.

Lost PDF reader.: Doesn't Windows 10 have its own PDF reader? If it does, I can't find it. I downloaded the Adobe Reader, but don't like it. Right clicking on a PDF file only gives me the option to open in Adobe Reader or Edge. 38928

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot