Windows 10: Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't...

Discus and support Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, An old account of mine that I no longer use was hacked and as this is a backup email address I didn't notice until the hacker had already... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ceponatia, May 6, 2020.

1. ceponatia Win User

Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't...

Hello,

An old account of mine that I no longer use was hacked and as this is a backup email address I didn't notice until the hacker had already changed the recovery email address to their own. The account email address is still mine so I can initiate the recovery process but it wants to send the recovery code to the hacker's email address which I am of course not going to do.

They are currently in the waiting period to change the email address to their own so I would like to get this handled ASAP but have gotten no help so far from support. Even though I have my full name, date of birth, security question answer, address, etc... this is "not enough information" to recover my account. Further, there is apparently no way to contact a human being through the support website aside from these forums. When I use their virtual assistant it just sends me a link to the page I've already used and says that their wait times are longer than expected but nothing ever happens from that point on I've waited around 2 hours so far and the text entry box in the chat window has disappeared so I'm assuming they simply closed the connection.

The recovery page asks me if I've ever bought anything using that account or signed up for Hotmail or Skype and this account is so old I have no clue what any of that information would be anymore so there's really no further information I could give them through that tiny form. I could obviously provide my license, social security card, bills, etc if they asked for them but there's no way I've found to be able to do this.

I don't know what the hacker could actually DO with this account as it's so old any of the information on it would be worthless but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I realize this is my fault for not checking my email and seeing the notifications and for leaving an old account opened but that realization doesn't help me so please refrain from being banal.

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

ceponatia, May 6, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 6, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't... [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, May 6, 2020
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't...

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Old account compromised. Didn't notice until too late. Need help and MS support doesn't... - Similar Threads - Old account compromised

2. Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised: Dear Microsoft Community Support,I'm in urgent need of assistance regarding my Microsoft account. I made a mistake by hiring someone from Fiverr to help with a job search. Unfortunately, I shared my email and password for monitoring job-related communications.This person...
  3. Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised: Dear Microsoft Community Support,I'm in urgent need of assistance regarding my Microsoft account. I made a mistake by hiring someone from Fiverr to help with a job search. Unfortunately, I shared my email and password for monitoring job-related communications.This person...
  4. Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Too late?

Too late?: So I was downloading some things and used a not so reliable website, as I have already downloaded a lot of programs from that website. So I get it, and extract it to a perfectly normal folder on my desktop, so I click on the .exe called setup, and this when it all goes down,...
  6. Too late?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too late?: So I was downloading some things and used a not so reliable website, as I have already downloaded a lot of programs from that website. So I get it, and extract it to a perfectly normal folder on my desktop, so I click on the .exe called setup, and this when it all goes down,...
  7. Too late?

8. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  9. Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.

Accounts Compromised, Network Compromised, Computer Compromised.: Does anyone have any advice to help me find devices that are being used to see my online activity? I have tried the basics, but I can't get these individuals to stop using what I'm doing as an opportunity to harm me....
  10. MS Account Compromised

MS Account Compromised: I received an alert this morning on my Android MS Authenticator app about unusual activity - a sign in attempt from Indonesia that was unsuccessful. My password has been compromised it seems it's an old password I should have already changed so I immediately changed it to a...