Windows 10: Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up a new computer with an MS admin account named X. For business reasons, I decided to change the name to Y (X and Y are placeholders). I did... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nordel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Nordel Win User

Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

I set up a new computer with an MS admin account named X. For business reasons, I decided to change the name to Y (X and Y are placeholders). I did this through my MS account. I also changed the account to a local account. Everything looked fine. Until I decided to create a task in Task Scheduler. For some reason, TS assigned this task to user X. I clicked the "Change the User or Group…" button and typed the new user name Y, but clicking Check Names displays a message that "the following name cannot be found: 'Y' ".
    How can I get TS to register the user as Y?

:)

Nordel, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Teemosan Win User

Scheduled task is not showing up in Task Scheduler and not running as scheduled - Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.351) on a desktop computer

I created a task in Task Scheduler, and it allowed me to create the task, which was to run a program. . I set it to run 'At startup' delayed 1 minute. I set it to 'Run with highest privileges' Configured for Windows 10. I set it to allow running on demand.
    When I rebooted my computer the program didn't start.

When I went back to Task Scheduler and looked in the Task Scheduler Library the entry wasn't there. I refreshed the list and it still didn't show. I moved back up to the main Task Scheduler directory and the summary of current tasks (79 items). The task
    didn't show up there either. I refreshed both lists and it still didn't show.

I thought maybe it hadn't been created so I tried to create it again. When I got to the end of creating it I got the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

So it says it exists, but as mentioned it doesn't run at startup, and doesn't show on the list. I can still run the program on demand no problem.

I tried creating it again, both as a full Task and a Basic Task. Each time I get the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

How can I find where the program task is in Task Scheduler and why isn't it showing up?

Teemosan, Jun 24, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to perform Task Scheduler on Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the standard account and log-in with an Admin account on Windows 10.

Try to perform Task scheduler from Admin account and check if the issue persists.

Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

1. Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Old admin account

2. W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W11 Settings show 2 different names for the current Account: Hello,My Windows 11 Settings randomly started to think that my Account is Darrin DeYoung. When I go to Accounts, it shows the correct name. I read online that Darrin DeYoung is a retail demo account and that I should reinstall windows. But it worked fine for 1 Year without...
  3. specified account name is not valid task scheduler --- after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specified account name is not valid task scheduler --- after Windows update: For some reason when I make changes to a job in task scheduler, the logging in I do afterwards to save the changes within task scheduler, is resulting in this message: specified account name is not valid task scheduler I only have a user name for this PC and within task...
  4. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler revealed: The following relates to oddly named tasks of of the form {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx}, where "x" is a seemingly random hex digit, which are shown in the "Task Scheduler" Microsoft application in Windows 10. The following image along with the text below it show how to...
  5. USERS FOLDER Shows old name of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    USERS FOLDER Shows old name of Microsoft Account: I've checked everywhere, there was an old post relating to my problem but has been archived since 2012 ...I've tried everything it was suggested with no luck! I'm running win 10 Home with all recent updates, PC is running good no problem whatsoever other than old account that...
  6. Admin name

Admin name: I want to change my admin name cuz I spelled my last name wrong it changes until I type my password in anyone know how to help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-name/61c1e2c0-a4f5-477b-91a4-9637e172c9f5
  7. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  8. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  9. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

10. Admin Account Name

Admin Account Name: Hi All! I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this. My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I go into my C Drive, it says the account name as 'marsh' and it's really annoying! I didn't do this! This is my nickname not...