Windows 10: Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

Discus and support Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I set up a new computer with an MS admin account named X. For business reasons, I decided to change the name to Y (X and Y are placeholders). I did... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nordel, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Nordel Win User

Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

I set up a new computer with an MS admin account named X. For business reasons, I decided to change the name to Y (X and Y are placeholders). I did this through my MS account. I also changed the account to a local account. Everything looked fine. Until I decided to create a task in Task Scheduler. For some reason, TS assigned this task to user X. I clicked the "Change the User or Group…" button and typed the new user name Y, but clicking Check Names displays a message that "the following name cannot be found: 'Y' ".
    How can I get TS to register the user as Y?

:)

Nordel, Jun 24, 2018
  2. Teemosan Win User

Scheduled task is not showing up in Task Scheduler and not running as scheduled - Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.351) on a desktop computer

I created a task in Task Scheduler, and it allowed me to create the task, which was to run a program. . I set it to run 'At startup' delayed 1 minute. I set it to 'Run with highest privileges' Configured for Windows 10. I set it to allow running on demand.
    When I rebooted my computer the program didn't start.

When I went back to Task Scheduler and looked in the Task Scheduler Library the entry wasn't there. I refreshed the list and it still didn't show. I moved back up to the main Task Scheduler directory and the summary of current tasks (79 items). The task
    didn't show up there either. I refreshed both lists and it still didn't show.

I thought maybe it hadn't been created so I tried to create it again. When I got to the end of creating it I got the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

So it says it exists, but as mentioned it doesn't run at startup, and doesn't show on the list. I can still run the program on demand no problem.

I tried creating it again, both as a full Task and a Basic Task. Each time I get the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

How can I find where the program task is in Task Scheduler and why isn't it showing up?

Teemosan, Jun 24, 2018
  3. C0zzie Win User
    How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

Windows 10 Task Scheduler not finding Admin

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to perform Task Scheduler on Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the standard account and log-in with an Admin account on Windows 10.

Try to perform Task scheduler from Admin account and check if the issue persists.

Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler

1. Old admin account name, not current name, shows up in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Old admin account

2. account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    account name: i need help changing the display name thing from when you open your laptop to put your password in. i can't find a way to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-name/b0a470b4-e86e-44d9-ac97-b2db90704893
  3. Admin Directory Name Change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Directory Name Change: I'm using Windows 10 Home edition. I have two folders in the Windows/Users directory: "Public" and "WARNE". I want to change the name of the "WARNE" folder... I'm having no luck finding out how to do this... Please help... Thanks!...
  4. Admin user name and pass

Admin user name and pass: How do I cancel/revert back to the basic [yes] [no]?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-user-name-and-pass/5b754354-536b-45f3-adaf-e308eab80ee6
  5. Admin Account Name

Admin Account Name: Hi All! I've had my computer for a while now, but have never gotten to posting this. My account name is a Microsoft account(Marshall Z), but when I go into my C Drive, it says the account name as 'marsh' and it's really annoying! I didn't do this! This is my nickname not...
  6. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]
  7. How to change admin user account name?

How to change admin user account name?: I am installing the 'Android sdk' software, however when I try select the 'SDK' path, it says something like 'android sdk should not contain whitespace'. I am wondering how I would change my name so it has no space so I can get my issue fixed 92477
  8. Names of accounts

Names of accounts: Only user of computer so I am Local Account Administrator. Do I just create another account to set my account to Standard? Can I use same names for the Standard and Administrator accounts? 61766
  9. Should File History Schedule show up in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should File History Schedule show up in Task Scheduler?: I've had issues with File History ever since upgrading to the Anniversary windows 10 Pro. I can manually Run File History. It also saves a few times a day, even though I have it set for the default 1 hour. Should there be an entry of some kind in Task Scheduler...
  10. Account name

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name: When I installed 10240 on VirtualBox they named my user folder as "swarf" despite my account name being "". I'd like to know what triggered this shortening and what I can do to prevent it. 8793